Monday, 29 February 2016

Loving this "v" stitch blanket.

I have just finished this "V" stitch blanket and I am totally happy with it. That is not always so. I am forgiving of my mistakes. I don't sweat over crochet. I love it's forgiving crafty nature. But I hate wonky sides. Those sides that have either suddenly gained stitches or lost some.

In my world it makes me cross with my lack of counting,slapdash approach, multi tasking etc,etc,etc.

But this one is ready for a lovely couple who don't want to know if they are going to welcome a little boy or girl into the world. They are a thoroughly " Modern Millie " kind of couple and I think the soft colour palette will be loved.

If you fancy making a blanket that grows quickly,is gently repetitive and simply a pleasure to crochet have a look at this lovely blog.

I don't add a chain between the clusters and I love it. Stylecraft yarns and size 4.00 mm hook. Happy days !!!

 

http://www.thepatchworkheart.co.uk/2014/07/the-amazing-v-stitch.html

 

12 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this pattern. I use it for cowls and scarves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour combination and a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just about to finish a blanket and think I will make this one next. Thanks for the link. Your version es very effective and those colours show off the stitch perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your latest creation and thank you, too, for the pattern link, Linda.
    Happy Leap Day, and I hope you will have a wonderful week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this pattern too. It moves fast. You did a great job. I have made probably 20 blankets over the years. Love all the new colored yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great and will surely be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Linda I love v stitch but have yet to make a blanket with it, another thing on my to do list. I hope your week is going well. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely blanket, and I'm sure the young couple are going to really appreciate the time and thought that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I love your blog, it is beauty, I love crochet, I follow your blog, I have a blog about crochet with free patterns and free crochet diagrams, visit me , hugs from Brazil.
    Visite meu blog - Tita Carré - Crochet

    ReplyDelete
  11. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.