Saturday, 9 January 2016

Head in the clouds!

Every day is definitely a school day! It is strange when you reach 60+ years and suddenly you hear a word you have never encountered before ...... The answer for me is to Google,Google,Google. Modern Technology is wonderful.

Here in Spain we witness beautiful sunrises,sunsets and cloud formations. We run outside and gasp at the sheer majesty of nature . It is resplendent in shade,colour and form.

Here are a few pictures which,even though beautiful still fail to encapsulate the sheer beauty being offered to you entirely for free!

I love fiddling with photos, filtering them, editing bits and popping them online. But these are unfiltered,unaltered and just as they were given. A gift indeed!

 

And that word .... Lenticular clouds!
 
    Lenticular clouds (Altocumulus lenticularis) are stationary lens-shaped clouds that form in the troposphere, normally in perpendicular alignment to the wind direction.
    They take my breath away.

 
 




 

7 comments:

  1. They took my breathe away too, what a wonderful sight. You are truly blessed been able to see that. Best wishes for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We do feel very blessed x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos! And I learnt something new! What could be better than that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sunset and cloud photos. I was just thinking this morning about how I still love learning things at the age of 66! That will keep our brains active. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking photos, Linda! My son got a photo of a lenticular cloud over Mt. Hood that I posted last year and through the internet I appreciated then learning more about lenticular clouds, too. His cloud was white, but it is so amazing to see the colors you captured in your photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photo's Linda thank you for sharing. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.