Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Happy New Year read. Green light for this one!

Happy New Year to one and all.

We had the most wonderful Christmas and New Year in San Diego. A very last minute invite from our youngest daughter to visit her there. It was amazing in every way. So amazing I am just going to tuck the images in my heart and keep them there for ever.

Whilst travelling I remembered that ages ago I talked on my blog about using a traffic light system about books and reading. I read the Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. Unusual, quirky far fetched but I loved it. It was actually very thought provoking and showed a sensitivity to married life tucked into each line . Of course the fact the much if it was based in Devon and talked of places I know and love intimately made it even more special.

 

So this book..... gets my first green light for 2016. It will stay on my bookshelf until someone wants to borrow it.


 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lynda,
    I adored that book! I recommend all her others. Happy New Year to you too.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the book suggestion. I'm reading "Into the Wilderness" by Sara Donati and it's good! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you had a great Christmas! The book has a sequel which I haven't read, but a friend has and they said it was a good read too. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.