Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Milk Bottles.

I can vividly remember having a little glass bottle of milk at ' Playtime ' in Infant School. I was madly in love with a boy called Peter Haslett and I always tried to sit by him whilst we drunk it. I think he was more interested in football than me!

I was in the amazing ' Home Bargains' shop the other day. The one you enter needing nothing and come out with a bag full! I love their cake boxes,their preserve labels and doilies and the other day I fell in love with a box of 4 small milk bottles. They cost £1.99 I think. A snip! And talking of snips that I how I continued. Snip with the lace!

Snip with raffia and add a pretty button.
And snip in a Summer Garden!

I love sets of three best of all.
What a treat at the end of the table!
And one spare for the windowsill in the loo.
I love flowers there so much.
And a little playing around with the photo arrangements on Instagram and what a pretty collage.

Of course I should be doing housework or sorting or something but actually I am all ready. Two more sleeps until Sweet William comes here for their Summer holiday. And flowers are the best way to greet people I think .

Thank you as always to all my lovely followers who take the time to leave such lovely comments. I think I will be having a little Blogging break as I have a fest of cuddles and fun!

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you definitely need to take a break from blogging to spend every second with the Sweet William!! Your flowers in their milk bottles are so cute :) Love the single arrangement in your loo! Enjoy your time off with your family!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. School milk!! My school left it sitting in the sun before giving it to us....all warm and yucky. I usually tried to give it away. On special days we had orange which was much more drinkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Home Bargains bag full comment made me chuckle because I do indeed know what you mean about needing nothing but... I love your little investment and am sure your fresh flowers will be a cheery welcome to your family. Have a wonderful visit with your family, Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to find some reminders of your young years to decorate and hold flowers! Say - what do you call that grass with the oat looking seed tops? I planted some not long ago and want to see what they're called there. Have fun with William and the family.. but I know you will! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting times there is nothing better than little visitors to lavish love upon. I must get myself to Home Bargains, those bottles are a real delight and I love what you did with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a wonderful summer with your family!!! Your milk bottles are lovely, we had them at school too, they look beautiful with the flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time with your beautiful grandson.
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little milk bottles make-over looks great. I remember getting our milk at school too. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the milk bottle flower vases! Have a wonderful visit with your precious little William. I thought of you the other day as I bought a little watering can for my granddaughter Lucy, who will be coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. School milk...those were the days!

    Hope you are having a lovely summer with your family.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.