Friday, 29 May 2015

Angel Pockets.

The joy of holding a new baby is like no other. The sorrow of a dear baby dying in childbirth or before is beyond my words or comprehension.

These little crochet pockets are my way of showing I care. For the parents to be able to hold their baby swaddled in a little pocket may not help the pain but at least that little one has something made with love around it as they say their final goodbyes.

 

Little pockets to add to my parcel for our local hospital . My goodness they are sadder to make than these little jackets full of hope.

Tiny jackets for premature babies who now have every chance of growing and becoming happy children full of fun and laughter .

If you would like to make some have a look at this lovely blog where the patterns are available for free for charity work and good causes. It's a great place where people show what they are making for these tiny ones.

http://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/lazy-daisy-all-in-one-baby-top-for.html

 

10 comments:

  1. Linda, I'm sure this collection of knits will be so appreciated by the parents they are gorgeous xx your a very kind lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a heart of gold, I am sure the memories of those little pockets will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful items. These babies deserve the best we can make/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind to make those pretty blankets for the little ones who don't make it. :-( The jackets are adorable. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An incredibly kind and worthwhile thing to do Linda and so typical of your incredibly kind and caring heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Linda,
    What a wonderfully kind thing to do.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I worked in a craft shop, two ladies used to come and purchase wool to make these. They bought loads of lovely pastel colours and I asked what they were making so they told me, they also made little white dresses in two ply wool and decorate them with a pink or blue ribbon. They came back a few days later and showed me. they worked was so delicate. I felt so humble
    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautifully made little items that show how much you care. I don't know if I could even bring myself to make one of the pockets as it's just so sad when a baby dies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying to find the pattern for the blue vest/gilet in the picture
    JollyGill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.