Friday, 15 May 2015

A pretty flower tutorial.

I am sure this flower pattern exists in lots of places or certainly a take on a theme . But last night it came from my mind, perhaps my memory. It fits the bill perfectly for my " Twiddle Books. "

And the zingy orange makes it stand out like nasturtiums in the garden. I am waiting to plant out my nasturtium seedlings and use the pretty flowers in salads and in tiny jars in the house.

So. These little flowers are so easy and jump off your hook. In no time at all you will have a pretty bunch. They could be joined to make a garland, added to a wreath. Popped on a card. In fact the only thing stopping you using them is running out of yarn. That isn't going to happen I know!

 


So here we go. Just remember crochet is so easy and relaxed.
1. Chain 3 and slip stich to make a loop or make a magic ring.Chain 2 (this represents your first treble) and then work 11 further trebles into your ring. Slip stitch in the second stitch of your initial chain to complete your first round. It looks just like the spokes of a wheel.

 

2. Immediately chain 4 and slip stitch back into the same space from your previous round. You are now going to make 5 more little loops .It goes like this.... You have made the first loop,slip stich into the next space,slip stitch again into the next space,chain 4 and slip stitch into the same space. Slip stitch into the next space, slip stitch into the next space ,chain 4 and slip stitch into the same space. So the pattern goes make a loop,slip stitch,make a loop slip stitch. You end up with 6 loops.

3. This is your final round.working in half trebles make this pattern in each loop. 3 Half trebles,,4 chain (this makes a little picot end to your petal) 3 half trebles. When you have worked each petal slip stitch in the top of the slip stitch from your previous round before working in the next loop.

That's it " Tah Dah'"

These are so easy,quick and addictive. Before you know it you have a pretty pile of flowers waiting to prettify all sorts of projects.

Just now mine are adorning the front page of my Twiddle Books. Just attached with a pretty button. Pretty perfect in my book!!

And talking of Twiddle Books I would like to thank my lovely followers for leaving such kind and encouraging comments about them.

And talking of flowers I did have time today to get out into the garden and plant some Sweet Peas that I have grown from seed and admire these pretty Violas. Such sweet,pretty faces. They always make me smile.

Please email me if you need any more help with these flowers.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Busy bee you are! I love your flowers, both the handmade ones and the ones you're going to grow! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are lovely
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of them being Nasturtiums! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.