Monday, 6 April 2015

The Grand Mosque on Easter Sunday.

It was somewhat surreal to be visiting the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi on Easter Sunday. Surreal,stunning and stupendous.

I want to just let the pictures do the talking!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I had to take these photos with my phone. There are lots if strict rules in the Mosque. Obviously clothing, decorum and respect but also QUIET!

Well we found the best way of keeping a very lovely,but lively,chatty three year old quiet was to give him my camera. He loved snapping away and has already caught on to the idea of a " selfie!"

 

I had a few photos to delete when I got home I can tell you.

As always,when you leave you wish that all this splendour and opulence equated to the peace,tolerance and happiness prayed for within the beautiful walls. I am so glad I had the opportunity to walk within them.

 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for sharing that beautiful place.. magnificent.. and a great idea for keeping little William quiet! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible place. I am glad that you could share it with us. Hope you are having a wonderful time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous mosque. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for sharing! Hope you're having a wonderful time in Dubai with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly beautiful place to have seen, such beauty. Wishing you a wonderful time with your family making some wonderful memories to store and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful, it touches you somewhere inside doesn't it. What a memory. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos! It must have been such an amazing experience to see that mosque.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I've not yet been to Abu Dhabi and am just a hop, skip and a jump away. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! A marvelous building--beauty, art, architecture all rolled into one. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, this is somewhere I would love to visit. I love Islamic architecture and art, and have been blessed to visit Jordan many times, as well as Granada, Cordoba and Seville, but it would be so interesting to see how the classical themes have been used in such a modern building.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.