Thursday, 19 March 2015

Hedgehog Love!

I love living in Devon.

Of course lots of the really old,quirky places have been modernised,upgraded and dragged into the modern world. You know when you are getting old because all these amazing improvements don't seem amazing at all. In fact you find yourself longing for the halcyon days of your youth.

Rose coloured glasses do not help!

But some things never change. The Spring flowers in the hedgerows. The new born lambs in the field. The garden springing into life. New shoots and blossom. Catkins swinging merrily on the branches.

The bunch of beautiful daffodils to celebrate Mothering Sunday.

 

And as Spring arrives I think of a very special place in our village. The Prickly Ball Farm.

 

 

http://www.devon-connect.co.uk/attractions/hedgehogs/

 

Everybody seems to love hedgehogs and they do amazing work there looking after hedgehogs who often weigh just a few grams. It is a special place high on the hills looking over the River Teign and Dartmoor. It's a special place where the simple things in life are valued. Feeding baby animals, collecting eggs, stroking new born lambs. I think every child should have the chance to do such things. We took William when he was little and he loved it.

 

 

And I have been supporting their efforts for quite a few years now. Today I have A basket of fluffy hedgehogs all ready to be delivered. And the best thing for me about this lovely basket of fluffiness is that the wonderful friends I have made whilst belonging to an Internet Charity Group help so much by sending flat packed hedgies just waiting for a makeover.

So here we have the latest delivery.

I wonder who will choose Clementine,Mrs Tiggywinkle or Princess Prickles?

Or Happy, Humphrey or Prince Quilliam?

If ever you are in the area I think you would love this little corner of Devonshire. I bet the Cream Teas are good too!

 

11 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit Prickly Ball Farm too! Bit of a long way to come for a day trip though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place to visit. The hedgehogs you have made are stunning, hope they all find lovely new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on making the helpful hedgies! Those photos are priceless. I hope William is coming to visit soon. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are so wonderful, frilly hedgehog love! ....hedgehogs are really very lovely creatures. What a nice thing to do. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen a hedgehog since I was about 7 and lived in a house that backed onto an orchard. Devon is lovely and well worth a visit just to see hedgehogs again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing the same kind of stuff with my Grandaughters. Their other grandmother usually takes them shopping. Each to their own! Lovely post, Linda. Have a lovely weekend with your hedgie friends. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Linda,
    Olly and I have just oooh'd and aaah'd at those adorable baby hedgehogs! It's not so far from us. I have put it on our 'to visit' list when we are off camping in Devon this summer. I love that you name every one of your hedgehogs.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw what a lovely place to visit, I adore hedgehogs and I did have one in my garden I'm hoping he's ok because I haven't seen him in a while. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hedgehogs are the cutest things ever! What a great charity to support. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hedgies, and their names are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I love your crochet, it is beauty, I love this colors, I follow your blog, I have a blog about crochet with free patterns and free crochet diagrams, visit me , hugs from Brazil.
    Visite meu blog - Tita Carré - Crochet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.