I love to think that Spring is on its way. Baby animals epitomise that breath of new life,a new beginning and just the joy of warmer sunny days being around the corner.
There are Charity shops here in Spain too.
They do amazing work helping both people and animals.
And each year,in the Spring I like to make some chicks to help swell their funds.
- Chain 32 and add 2 chain to turn. Working in the 3rd chain from your hook work 32 Half Trebles across the Foundation of chains you first worked. Chain 2 again to turn.
- Work 16 rows in this manner. You end up with a rectangle like this.
5. Using the tail,stitch a running stitch all around the top of the open end and pull up tightly. Work some loopy orange chains on the top to represent the chookies comb.
6. Make 2 wings. Chain 6 and using half trebles work one stitch in each chain. Work along the other side of the chains to make a leaf shape.
and sew it on to the chicks body.
7. I stuck on some googly eyes and embroidered a beak. Tah Dah! Tuck a small egg inside and Cheep Cheep they are done. I can never just make one.
A clutch for the Charity Shop is best I think!
After the chocolate egg has been enjoyed these will make the sweetest egg cosies.