Monday, 9 February 2015

Have you seen the Nutribullet! A review here at Chalky's,

I had a Nutibullet for Christmas and I LOVE IT!

Now in my time I have owned a fair few kitchen gadgets. I am not a hoarder and some that have not lived up to expectations have gone to Charity shops. Some have been gifted forwards and some I have loved from the first time I used them and they have passed the test of time!

I have a very uncluttered kitchen. Very few things stay out on my work top,but the Nutribullet has not moved since Christmas Day and it's not going to. We have used it every day since and we are learning new tips,techniques,recipes and ways to make it even more special.

Here we have it. The powerful base plate. 3 jugs for making the concoctions! Two blades. One for blitzing fruits and vegetables and one for milling oats,cereals and seeds. I have only used the 4 pronged one so far.

Handy lids mean you can store your drinks in the fridge or take it with you to work or an outing.

The handbooks are concise and clear and very informative.... Did you know that you should never blitz apple seeds because the give off a chemical similar to cyanide?

I sometimes am very guilty of not reading manuals. I was so glad I read this one!!

 

Natures Bounty!

These are some of the ingredients I have tried in the Nutribullet so far.

It recommends that 50% should be green leaves .

You can not even taste the spinach but I certainly am glad I am able to introduce a rainbow coloured selection of fruits and leaves into our diet every day.

The Nutribullet has a powerful action which makes smooth drinks in about 20 seconds. No fiddling about shaking it or having to open it up and redistribute the contents. Unlike other juicers or processors I have tried.

I actually think the concoctions you could make are only limited by your imagination.But frozen purple sprouting Brocoli and Lettuce have not scored highly!

I wondered if it would be an expensive journey, but to be honest we have found that actually you could consider it a way to save money. By this I mean we have used every bit of fruit that we have bought. We enjoy our drinks cold so we sliced the pineapple the day we bought it and popped it in the freezer. Added to the Nutribullet it acts like ice and makes a nice cool drink. Spotty bananas taste better blended than eaten and overripe apples etc are just fine.Blackberries that I picked last Autumn make a wonderful addition.

 

Add in some so called " Super Foods."

You could argue all day about the placebo effect etc,etc. All I know is a little bit of what you fancy does you good. During these cold,dark days of winter the idea of rainbow coloured drinks has had a positive impact on our days. Instead of feeling like a commercially produced sugar hit,the natural sweetness of the fruit is a welcome boost.

Thinking of rainbow colours led me to blitzing roasted red peppers. Pop them in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes with a thin coating of Olive Oil. The skins slide off which was a relief. And these pointy ones were so reasonably priced in Lidls

Blitz away and within a few seconds the world is you'd pepper. Cheffy spreads on white plates. Bases for soups. Spread on pittas. We have enjoyed them so much

The same happens with frozen peas. Add some good Olive oil,lemon juice,garlic and Parmesan and spread on toasted Baguette. Delicious !

So here we have it. My first ever review. I wonder if you have Nutribullet and feel equally enthusiastic?

13 comments:

  1. Good review. I used to make smoothies, but this gadget looks much better. I must look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought I was doing well just buying a regular old blender a couple of years back! The things you're blending sound yummy. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must admit to having an inferior brand, but if it breaks, I know which one to buy next. I agree that you save money - no more wrinkly apples lurking in the fruit bowl. Kale is a great ingredient too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How strange, this was being advertised on the TV at the gym, I was quite mesmerized I quite forgot that I was on the treadmill and the time flew it looked amazing and I was quite hooked and determined to buy one so I looked it up as soon as I got home, the price put me off, ok if I was sure to use it lots but knowing me I would be enthusiastic for a while and then it would be put away in the dark recesses of my kitchen cupboards. I'm glad that you are enjoying it though Linda it certainly is a great way to get your 5 a day or more. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Linda - nothing to do with the nutria bullet but I saw this crochet post and thought of you! You could make a crochet version blanket to accompany the monster quilt you made for William. http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2015/02/crochet-monster-granny-squares.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a juicer too and I love it so much! Have you had a look online at the Jason Vale's juice recipes? I think he goes by the name of Juice Master! He has some great juice recipes.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen this before - seems to be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a good blender for breakfast smoothies, a hand blender, and a food processor I use often. This looks like a handy tool, but my kitchen is too small for more gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks great Linda, I would quite like one. I have been reading a cookery book, Deliciously ella, which calls for a lot of blitzing things.I heard that a small amount of the apple pips are actually quite good for you. The Hunza tribe somewhere! eats a vast amount of apricot seeds and live a really long life! I think it's the same thing! but it would be great for making nut butters and hummus and so on. Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now in my time I have owned a fair few kitchen gadgets. I am not a hoarder and some that have not lived up to expectations have gone to Charity shops. Some have been gifted forwards and some I have loved from the first time I used them and they have passed the test of time. (This best content) See more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now in my time I have owned a fair few kitchen gadgets. I am not a hoarder and some that have not lived up to expectations have gone to Charity shops. Some have been gifted forwards and some I have loved from the first time I used them and they have passed the test of time. (This best content) See more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wondered if it would be an expensive journey, but to be honest we have found that actually you could consider it a way to save money. By this I mean we have used every bit of fruit that we have bought. We enjoy our drinks cold so we sliced the pineapple the day we bought it and popped it in the freezer. Added to the Nutribullet it acts like ice and makes a nice cool drink. (nutribullets are the best grinder is very first content) See more...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.