Friday, 12 December 2014

Gifts from my kitchen!

There always seem to be the tiniest magical lull when all the forward planning is done and the fresh goods need to awaited. I have used my notes facility on my phone for the first time this year. And it's helped so much. Whole forests must have been saved by not using endless pieces of paper to make list after list.

 

Anyway during this magical lulI I like to make presents in the kitchen. And this morning it's been Christmas pot Pourri. Add all the wrapped ingredients to a pan of gently simmering water and the whole house smells lovely. Evocative orange slices,cinnamon,cloves,star anise and cranberries. And it can just be topped up time and time again. I love it and so do the people I give it to every year. It's become such a tradition that I do not even have to write the instructions anymore.

 

The second gift is a Kilner Jar of home made Granola. It is delicious sprinkled on cereal or fruit topped with yogurt. This Ginham ribbon tops these home made gifts off perfectly.

This recipe is a real favourite.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1590/goodforyou-granola

 

Lull there might be but ...not too long a pause.

This Delia deliciousness has to be popped in the freezer.

 

And pate to be made!

Oh! Not forgetting the Mince Pies.

I know you will be doing very similar!

But keepin me calm as ever in the evenings is my hook and yarn.

2 presents for cold January days!

Granny hot water Bottle Covers.

 

And my favourite colour palette to remind me if warm seas and blue skies.
I am finding the " join as you go method a pain.

I hope you get some lulls,some pauses and some moments doing the things which make you happy.

Love Linda

 

10 comments:

  1. What great gifts, there is nothing nicer than something made with love at Christmas, the granola was such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are very well prepared for Christmas! I love the hot water bottle covers. I'm a big hot water bottle fan. :-) The potpourri is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the ingredients to make the same potpourri. I'm giving it to the other nurses I work with. I love your gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so nice to make such fragrant potpourri packets! I crocheted a little stocking ornament last evening and also did a granny cover for a round ornament. Tis the season! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely things! I really like that Christmassy pot pourri, I must do some this year for us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab makes my dear. Im impatiently waiting to make fudge, biscotti and shortbread teddy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful ideas, Linda!!! Thanks so much for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gifts. :)
    The chocolate torte is one of my favourite desserts - ever! Enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home made gifts are always appreciated. You've been very busy creating some super
    Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy! Your handmade gifts look wonderfully and are beautifully presented too.
    Hope you have a fantastic Christmas and festive season.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.