Friday, 5 December 2014

Generosity,kindness and joy!

Among the pile of Junk Mail and the early Christmas cards came an envelope from France today .

 

 

I opened it and got the best surprise ever. Tucked inside was 50 Euros. I am still so surprised when I write 50!,, Not a 5,10 or 20 Euro Note. But 50 Euros!

 

And the most generous,wonderful lady who sent it asked me to put it towards the fund to help the women in Almeria who are exploited and live in terrible conditions.

 

Now, I have never actually met this wonderful lady but we consider ourselves cyber sisters. She belongs to the charity knitting thread I love to be a part of.

We have " known" each other for about five years and one day I would like to meet her and give her the biggest hug.

I feel quite overwhelmed by such a generous gesture. Amongst this somewhat materialistic time of the year this lovely lady dipped so generously into her purse and thought of others.

It made my day and filled me with Joy and Hope!

I am going to keep that feeling close to me every day throughout this Christmas Season.

I hope something filled you with joy today !

Love Liinda

 

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful woman to do this! I hope you check the charity and make sure a large percent of the donations go to the actually charity work and not like some of them where the CEO gets 90% of the money. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Teresa! My yoga teacher in Soain is in direct contact with this very small charity which has been set up with the sole purpose if helping these women.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful generous lady, what this time of year should be about thinking of others

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful lady to make such a generous donation.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely lady - there are a lot of kind people out there!
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome surprise! There is so much bad news out there, it's always a relief to be reminded there are still good people who want to help make things better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much I am still feeling quite touched and overwhelmed by such generosity. It has certainly made my world a better place this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful!!! That really is the most wonderful gift and so incredibly kind. I am sure that it will make a big difference this Christmas time. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.