Thursday, 11 December 2014

Friendship!

Friendship!

Of course life is hectic right now. The battle stations with strange shaped parcels and finding the end of the Sellotape is well underway!

But,this week two lovely friends were thinking of me and took the time to send me snippets that they thought I would love.

And I do... So much.

The first was this beautiful story on You Tube.

 

 

 

And the second was a poem that a friend wrote a long time ago about friendship.

It really does say it all for me.

Special,special friends are like Gold dust precious and special.

And luckily longer lasting than a snowflake if you nurture them and they nurture you. The essence of true friendships.

Snowflakes

Lines of retrospect and hope

Friendship often comes like winter’s first snowflake.

We wait so long for it to fall, but

Ere it touches outstretched, eager hands,

It melts and goes.

You awake to icy, fresh November morn,

To fleecy snow arriving overnight.

By evening fall, its gone – lost.

Friendship often seems to come and then depart

Like these first precious snowflakes.

You yearn and hope for the snow to stay,

But all in vain because you know it won’t.

Until – one day there comes at last

One special snowflake that wants to stay.

And will not melt:

And that is the snowflake

That really is – a true friend.

So, my lovely blogger friends I want to share them with you and hope that you are enjoying this Advent. I hope the pace is not too hectic. I hope you are well and happy and I hope that you are doing things which enrich your lives. And,of course I hope that everything is jumping off lists and into their rightful positions. Whether that be in the store cupboard, in the freezer, under the tree or wherever .

Lots of love Linda

PS ,.... Anyone who knows how terribly untechie I am will laugh when they see the post below. It is the result of me trying to upload a video from You Tube for the first time!!!!! So, if you want to listen to Once Upon A Northern Light another dozen times just scroll down. I have no idea how to delete it! And now the tree is calling to be decorated!!!!!!!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful poem, must be a wonderful friend. Hope you have fun decorating the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. My tree is done. Need to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these lovely works of art. I hope you're having a good holiday season, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the video and showed my grandsons. Lovely poem. Friendship.. I heard this once and it's so true -- "To have a friend you have to BE a friend."

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! In every way!! Such a lovely post. I played all the videos at once in the other post and the tune joined in with itself! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.