Tuesday, 21 October 2014

It's hard to dip my toe back into the Blogging stream!

We had such a wonderful time in Italy. The last time I went was over forty years ago. And, aged sixteen I probably enjoyed the good looking Italian men more than the history or architecture!

 

This time what a balance.

Sightseeing in Rome and Assisi.

 

 

Countryside in Umbria

 

The coast of Leguria.

Wonderful markets.

 

 

And to top it off plates of beautifully cooked pasta,the odd glass of Chianti and Prosecco and wonderful company.The men were absolute stars cooking wonderful meals.

 

 

And here we have our very own characters of our Marigold Hotel.

Lifetime friends and family.

All ready for an evening of Murder and Mystery!

 

 

And our daughter who travels for a living managed the best surprise. A fleeting visit to spend time with her Dad for his birthday celebrations.

 

So, I am still feel on cloud nine and enjoying such wonderful memories.

But, normal life is calling and the gentle rhythm of Crochet and yarn will soothe me into an Autumn of happy hooky time.

Before I go. I am also looking forward to catching up with all the lovely blogs I follow and am so inspired by. Your friendship and support brightens my days.

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. What a fantastic holiday, you all look as if you had a wonderful time!

    Italy looks beautiful, definitely on my places-to-visit list.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!
    What an amazing trip. Your photos are beautiful and I can see that it was a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have you back!!! Beautiful photos and it certainly is a stunning place to visit!!! It's going to be remembered for a long time still to come of that I am sure!!!!!!
    Love
    AMarie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing trip making such wonderful memories. A great thrill that your daughter was able to join in the birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, it's been a number of years since we've been to Italy and we never went further south than Naples and Pompeii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back - looks like you had a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Linda! It looks like you had a wonderful trip. Especially nice to see that Briony was able to visit for a while too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic trip!! I've been absent from blogging, so didn't know you were travelling. I was in Rome and other points of Italy two years ago, and it was the best trip I've ever had (a cruise!). Your photos bring it all back ... the heat, the food, the wine! Happy Birthday to your husband! What a great way to spend it ... and so nice that your daughte

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...daughter was able to surprise you with a visit! Don't come down off that cloud too soon ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Italy. It looks like you had fantastic weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home.. what a magnificent time you had! Thanks for sharing it all with us!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fantastic Linda, welcome back! glad you had such a lovely time. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Linda,
    I long to visit Italy again. I fell in love with it in my teens and twenties. The most wonderfully eccentric place. I'm glad that you enjoyed it too. Welcome home.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back Linda, I am glad that you had such a great time and got to see lots of beautiful sights and do lovely things! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.