Saturday, 6 September 2014

September the sixth. Gentle quilting!

The lovely Lorraine from Mamas Mercantile sent a beautiful shirt today. It reminds me of Candy stripes and sweets. Just perfect and waiting for some other gentle pastels to blend with it. Thank you so,so much.

 

I was also very, very touched by a blogging friend, Gracie from across the pond sending me some pennies or that should be dollars via PayPal to buy some thread . This quilting malarky certainly uses a lot! Thank you so much Gracie.

http://grayseasailor-onesaylorslog.blogspot.co.uk

And also a lovely friend who is a star on my Charity knitting thread has pledged some Mandalas. French postage costs are horrendous. I shall be so happy to tuck them in the bags of goodies I am preparing for the charity shops.

While I am thanking lovely people. Whilst I have been zipping along with my sewing machine my follower numbers have reached the magical figure of 250. So welcome and " Thank You " to you all. I love to read everybody's comments. They encourage me a great deal as I travel on my little journey in Blogland.

I have been gently quilting cushion fronts. Lovely colours and I am so chuffed that my cutting skills are improving. To be able to match sides for sewing and see corners meeting at a crisp right angle is seriously making me happy. I think I am still pressing far too hard but hey ho!

 

So today on this sixth day of September all is going well. I do not think anyone is safe near me with a plain blue shirt at the moment. These fronts are in need of some gorgeous plain blue backs.

 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, seriously crisp corners! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I am getting there... Slowly. It's very satisfying x

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda, can you please email me on how to send you some $$ for this project via PayPal? I took two shirts to the post office and would have had to spend a LOT to send 2 shirts to your home in England, so I'd rather donate some funds for you to buy some shirts or more thread. I love what you're doing! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa .. You are a star. Thank you. This quilting malarky certainly uses a lot of thread xx

      Delete
  3. You are doing so well Linda. I definitely found that a lighter touch rather than a heavier one for using a rotary cutter worked best, but I still kept pressing hard!! It is difficult to believe that it is cutting through I think! Your cushion fronts are so lovely!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much... I am really enjoying this project x

      Delete
  4. Your makes are going to sell like hot cakes. Great job so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope they do price to be successful. So many good causes needing support x

      Delete
  5. You are making great progress, Linda! And congratulations on making at least 250 friends in the process :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely tops, Linda, for your cushions. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to create for others........especially when they don't know......rather fills the heart, doesn't it? Keep zooming along. Crisp corners still elude me. Guess I need more practice.......Yours look great. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad the shirt arrived safely. The cushion tops are looking delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Practice makes perfect! Your cushions look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you go! You're really churning out the creations and they are all looking great. I'm so glad this has been going well for you. Great job, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfully accurate corners and a gorgeous blend of colours. Just shows what can be achieved out of otherwise discarded textiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.