Friday, 19 September 2014

September gatherings!

This week it has been all go here at Operation "Share A Shirt" headquarters .

My friend came to stay and worked tirelessly cutting squares,bags,shapes and lots more in between.

 

She even kept working with a poorly hand!

Lindsay is still having to keep her ankle elevated but she cut out lots and lots of labels. It looked a bit like a convalescent home.

 

It was so lovely to have company and as fast as I sewed seams and created patchwork cushion covers the squares were coming thick and fast. Of course what made it extra special was the chatter,reminiscing ,laughter and lots of cups of tea!

Yesterday everyone had to go back home so this morning with a quiet house I finished all the WIPS waiting in line. No chatter,no laughter just a machine whirring and scissors snipping.

It was brilliant to see all the parts coming together and soon there was a pile of goodies awaiting delivery.

4 Great Cushions.

 

 

Drawstring bags.

Some with appliqué.

I love these with the beach hut theme.

 

 

Some happily striped.

Zipped pouches from a bamboo patterned shirt which came all the way from Spain.

Another lovely gift from a friend.

And the results of my evening clicking.

 

 

And all labelled with a pretty tag saying " hand made with love @1can make a difference." Well this week having help has made such a difference.

 

So, it was great satisfaction I went to nearby Totnes today to find the "Save the Children"and "Oxfam" Charity Shops. The bags were full of goodies. I was a very happy person delivering all the things that have been made because so many kind people have shared their shirts with me.

 

And when I got back there was a surprise waiting on the mat,a lovely parcel containing a perfect shirt. Sara so kindly sent it. Thank you so much. Pop over to her lovely blog and say hello.

http://sarajcrafts.blogspot.co.uk

This will be the next lovely fabric to go under the knife!

 

September is slipping by so quickly and I am really enjoying this challenge. I have one more week before we go on holiday but I am so happy to have neatly cut squares ready for the next time I set myself a challenge to help such deserving charities. I have always thought that there are so many generous and good people in the world and now I know it to be true.

Thank you all . Love Linda x

16 comments:

  1. I think this is such a great project! I think you're raising lots of money for some great causes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mari. I have really enjoyed it too. The Charity Shops have been so appreciative too. Lovely to see you leaving a comment trail xxxx

      Delete
  2. Good Evening Linda, How amazing, you and your friends have worked so hard, cutting squares and sewing the material together. I especially love the cushions.... blue is a colour I love. Oxfam will be thrilled to receive your gifts and I feel sure they will raise so much money.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun getting some help and the chattering while you work creating some wonderful memories. Truly delightful makes, fingers crossed they make good money for you chosen charities. You are doing a wonderful job, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea and you've worked so hard to create so many things. You're doing a brilliant job, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach hut theme is really inspired. I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you've had quite a production line going! :)
    Glad the shirt arrived and will be going on to better things. Wishing you a happy weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're done so much! It's almost like an assembly line. I think it's all coming together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, just catching up now that I am back, I have been reading, just not commenting! You have achieved so much with this amazing project, there really is a lot of goodness around, which is nice to know and you are one of the kindness and nicest of all. Our shirt is finally on its way to you today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing some amazing charity work Linda. Well done!
    Hello to your Daughter too.
    Little Miss Twin 2 is now off her crutches.We are back at the fracture clinic onThursday. Hoping to be able to go back to the gym and drive her car. Fingers x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wonderful! Smiles all around, I bet, when you enter the shops laden with these gifts! I think if we look for the good in people, we're apt to find it! Thanks, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a marvellous idea, great work you have done there!

    Have a lovely weekend, Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a little cottage industry there Linda, everything is so perfect you are doing a great job! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your idea has become a reality! It must have been so satisfying to deliver all the things you made to the charity shops. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, I'm still catching up on my blog reading, but I just wanted to say, how lovely that you are doing this! I'm sure the recipients will appreciate it! :)
    Well done!!!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.