Saturday, 13 September 2014

Saturday,September, Snaps.

Just a few pictures today . I am so incredibly touched by people's kindness and generosity. This charity project is warming my heart. And strangely enough providing a distraction from other things which are not as joyous.

Our poor daughter fell in the Gym ( dangerous places) I mean it's hard to fall over a sewing machine ,a crochet hook or a knitting needle!

Well to cut short a very long,very painful story I am following in Florence Nightingale's special footsteps. Caring for our dear girl who has badly damaged the tendons on her ankle.

So, as she sits with her foot elevated and packed with ice I am able to sit and sew. Quiet companionship and love.

So. A stack of cushions.

 

 

And a little bit of cosy red and strawberries. A pretty combination indeed. I love relaxing in the evenings with a little bit of yarn.

 

Please excuse me for not making so many comments on all the lovely blogs I follow but life is a little busy just now. But I am enjoying reading all your lovely words.

Love Linda x

 

14 comments:

  1. Hope your daughter is better soon, love the pillows. Hoping it will finally cool down enough for me to sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your daughter feels better soon. I totally understand how she feels having to keep her foot elevated! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your poor daughter is well on the recovery soon. Love the cushions and crochet!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your daughter recovers soon
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry your daughter is hurt, but what a wonderful nurse you must be! I hope she is all back to normal super fast. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. More lovely cushions. I can see these being given as presents to students (especially men) who are leaving home this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very creative. Making those lovely items must be satisfying. I hope your daughter recovers very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, damaged tendons does sound painful! I hope your daughter recovers very quickly from her mishap. Lots of lovely makes going on over here Linda!! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My best wishes to your poor daughter. I hope she makes a good and speedy recovery in your excellent care. At least you get to spend to spend some unexpected time together. You're still making great progress with your September challenge too. Love the little bootees.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! You know I sympathize with your daughter's plight, and pray she makes a speedy recovery!! So glad you are there to love and support her, Linda. Your project is coming along beautifully! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a shame, hope your daughter is better soon, the pillows are delightful, some great colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your daughter I hope her ankle heals quickly. You are doing a great job there Linda, lovely cushions and the little booties are so cute. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all so much for the kind wishes about my daughter. As they say " this time too will pass" just a bit if a difficult journey right now x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you extra energy as you help your daughter recover from her fall. I'm glad the yarn is relaxing. Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.