Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Hand delivery today!

 

I have had a homey day today. Andy out playing golf. Just that kind of day that you are happy just to "be"

I did have a lovely visit from my sister in law who has recently moved into our village all the way from Aberdeen. She came bearing three beautiful shirts and also a desire to help.

What could be better than that?

 

 

I meant to take her picture snipping the shirts,cutting out the interfacing and dashing away with the smoothing iron... But we were such busy bees it got forgotten.

I have decided to try and have a methodical approach to this getting shirty malarky. I bet that doesn't last long!

So today I concentrated on Janet's colourful shirt which arrived yesterday. All day I have had the American celebration of Thanksgiving in my mind. Autumn,fall,pumpkins,wheat,corn and turkeys.

It's easy to see why!

It's amazing to think that Janet's generosity may have generated over £20 of sales in the Charity Shop.

So far I have made 5 zipped pouches.

They are really lovely,bright and colourful .

 

And there was also enough material to make some really pretty Lavender pouches .

I have not filled those yet!

So,now it is just a case of all those pretty items needing labels saying..

Made with Love @ 1 can make a difference.

And I truly think it can.

Just by sharing 1 shirt life,hopefully will be a little bit brighter for at least 1 person.

 

 

17 comments:

  1. You've done a great job, Linda, and so quick too! I think I'll have to come and visit your charity shops when I'm on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thanks to your generosity. Thank you again x

      Delete
  2. These will fly off the shelves, especially at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Una it is such pretty material. I enjoyed working with it today. Xxx

      Delete
  3. What a lot out of one shirt, amazing. Hope it sells well, it should do this time of year, perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shirt was so lovely to work with. I think the pouches will raise much needed pennies. Thank you for popping in.

      Delete
  4. You really are very talented and generous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It took me a while to get those pouches right but I have more or less got there now! The material was great to work with! Love Linda

      Delete
  5. Wow you were quick Linda, they are lovely and are bound to sell, who could resist such prettiness :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .they were fun to make .
      Love Linda

      Delete
  6. These are so beautiful! I just wish that I lived closer so that I could buy one as I love the fabric. How great that your SIL is helping too! It is nice to have company while you work sometimes isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say... The shirt was such fun to sew with. I hope they sell well.love Linda

      Delete
  7. Bravo, Linda! Had appointments today, but hope to mail a shirt tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have my pretty shirt ready to send. I bet it will make some pink and green pretty things! You are amazing! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go you! Well done on the zippy bags, they look great. Got your parcel here all good to go, just need to get myself to the post office :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you lovely people. This is like Chrustmas... Only shirts that you want to receive xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post makes me smile. A Happy day indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.