Thursday, 28 August 2014

Thank you and I have been thinking.

Thank you on all counts. Thank you to my new followers. I just love it when new friends join me here in my little bit of Blogland. Please pop back in often.

Thank you for such a positive response to my last post..... SHARE A SHIRT FOR SEPTEMBER.



If you missed it please look back to my previous post it. I would love it if you could join in with the fun.

And most if all a huge thank you to those lovely people who have already sent me an email and pledged a shirt! Whoop whoop..... You thought it was a good idea too.

****************

But of course I had to think about things.

Quietly,rationally and gain some information.

 

I had to try and see the wood from the proverbial trees. I had to make sure I was not taking myself or more importantly friends here up, or down a proverbial blind alley. That was really important to me.

What I choose to do with my time and following my schemes is one thing but when through the kindness of your hearts you join in and incur postage expenses I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

Perfect is probably impossible but good and right is enough.

So.

We were lucky enough to find a Groupon deal this week to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary.

It was lovely, and it also gave me time to think.

Andy did some research.

 

 

I had promised myself I would try and not get bogged down with doubts about charities,their overheads, expenses etc. But seeds of doubt were creeping in.

So. Facts were needed to reassure my worried mind and this is what we came up with.


 

Well today we are back home. My rotary cutter is whirring and I am feeling 100% positive again.

Just for one month I have decided I am going to donate everything I make to Oxfam,Save athe Children and the British Red Cross shops.

We have them all in our town. ( And how many mandalas does one shop need)

My labels are going to read...

"Hand Made with love @1can make a difference."

I

In a few days I am going to try and set up my own Facebook Page where I can also put the pictures of things I have made from all the shirts but of course they will be here too.

So it's back to the drawing board.... Thankfully my cutting is getting a little more accurate... Must be all the practice. And a replacement blade arrived this morning. So there's no stopping me now!

 

9 comments:

  1. Good luck. I honestly think you are doing a very kind and generous thing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your making and donating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful charities to support. Happy anniversary and wishes for many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place for your getaway! I'm glad you made sure your things are going to a good cause and not one where all the profit goes into the pocket of the CEO!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your makes Linda, and thank you for doing the research it's very useful to know where the money received goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's surprising to see the big differences in how charities spend their money. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that the rotary cutting is getting easier because you are going to be a very busy person. I am sure that all three shops will appreciate your goodness and I hope that everything is a best seller! You really are so very kind. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rotary cutting is something I have not mastered yet, but "practice makes perfect" is no doubt a principal I need to exercise as you are so generously doing, Linda :-) I appreciate your thoughtfulness in deciding where to invest your efforts. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.