Monday, 28 July 2014

The Gruffalo is 15 years old. Happy days celebrating in the forest.

We are making the most of every precious moment with our little family from Dubai. Mummy and Daddy are left to sleep and Grandma and Grandad are woken with a book or a request. A wriggle around in bed, a story, and then lots of chatter through our breakfast.

And our days are full of lovely things to make our time together really special. Lots of simple things. Cooking,painting,playing and having fun. But today we went to see if we could find the Gruffalo in the forest near us . It was such good fun and Auntie Lindsay and Buster made the outing complete.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We even took William's baby Gruffalo . It just shows you how big the forest one is!

I know this photo will remind me of such a lovely day with William and his Mummy and Daddy.

 

You can guess what story we shall have tonight.

Before I go to bed every night I sit on William's bed. I quietly watch him sleeping. A little twitch a fleeting smile and gentle breathing. I ask him every morning " did you have a nice dream!" I am so glad he always says "yes!"

Tonight I think the Gruffalo may be the star of the show.

I hope you manage to get to a forest near you and you have fun finding the Gruffalo. I think its fun for anyone aged two or one hundred and two!

Literature and children ..... Sharing books must be the best gift you can give any child. And when they are as special as the Gruffalo it makes such a gift near perfect.

 

 

12 comments:

  1. The Gruffalo (and all the books by Julia Donaldson and Axel Shaeffer) are firm favourites here. I bought it for Sam, and we still have the rather dog eared copy! We now have the dvd, and love that too. Has William seen the Gruffalo Child on DVD? It's enchanting, and full of snow. He might like that now he lives in such a hot country.
    So glad that you are having a lovely time. Precious memories for sure.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such brave adventurers you are :) Thanks for taking us safely along to witness the happy memories being made! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post to match a great book that I also share with my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful - I so enjoyed the adventure Linda, thank you. How lovely to be able to do such things as a united family, all looking to the best interests of your sweet little William - and of course doggy friend came too and enjoyed his rest in the tree :) Enjoy making more happy memories to look back on and delight in! Love, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of you to watch him sleep and breathe.. grandma loves her sweetie. I love how many adventures you're having with him and other family.. hopefully he'll remember these. Enjoy them.. I know you will.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun adventurer in the woods! I'm sure William will remember hunting for the Gruffalo for years to come. Lots of special memories at Grandma's house!! Enjoy :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely time!! Big gruffalo looks very happy to have met you all including Williams little gruffalo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are having such a wonderful time with your family there visiting! I must admit I have never heard of a gruffly. ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like great fun Linda. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful adventure for all of you but I think your doggy and William looked like they had the most fun!!!! Enjoy them and have a happy week!!!
    Love
    AMarie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great day out, such a super story and an adventure in the woods. Memories are made of days like these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.