Sunday, 13 July 2014

Happy days!

Thank you all so much for all your lovely comments about my last post. The pendulum swung from hard to easy.And we have just had nine happy,fun filled days. I have loved every single minute and when the car pulled up and I heard my son say to William " there's Grandma " and his reply was " I will run to her " the stage was set.

We have played games,football,hide and seek,made camps,watered the garden til it's waterlogged. We have have barbecued,had picnics.... And best of all we went off for a few days to Center Parcs to celebrate Grandad's sixtieth birthday . A litle early but no matter.

I am going to just let the pictures tell the story and be assured that you will know the joy I have felt.

William's delight with his monster quilt.

 

Even greater delight finding the toys were just where he had left them last December!

 

 

Playing in the village park.

 

 

 

And a real favourite, watering the plants with his own little can.

 

 
Pirate fun with glasses!
 

 

His love of books fills me with joy.

 

 

Best of all it was so wonderful to see him up and about.

 

 

 

Enjoying all the things two years love.

 

 

 

And it was not just me so happy to see our little family home from Dubai. Auntie Lindsay and Uncle Chris were so wonderful with him.

 

 

 

We looked for the Gruffalo everywhere. But one quiet morning I took my early morning tea outside and counted my blessings more than once. The perfect setting.

 

 

Happy days filled with wonderful memories and lots of love

 

 

Soon I will be up to speed with comments on so many lovely blogs but just now I have my hands happily full x

 

19 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully happy post this is Linda! Oh my but this little boy has grown and come on a treat hasn't he and isn't he just toooooooo gorgeous - look at him watering the plants for Grandma, enjoying his books, and loving his monster quilt. I would love to give him a great big cuddle! These are happy days! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time you're having with your family! Little William looks so thoroughly engrossed in his activities. What a cutie :) That's a great shot of him heading into his monster's den, and I'll bet he loved the poems about the monsters and himself. My dad used to fly my grandparents from England to see us every other year and they would stay with us for a month each visit. The distance and length between visits didn't change anything for us. We loved our grandparents dearly and they always made us feel special. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post brought tears to my eyes. It really did! I am so happy for you. I especially love that William's first words as they drove up were "I will run to her." The quilt looks wonderful on the bed and I'm so glad he liked it. And seeing how much he liked the watering can has me thinking I need to get one for when Lucy comes to visit at the end of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels so good when our family comes home! What a beautiful little grandson you have, good to see he has no ill effects from the broken leg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely! I bet he was over the moon with the quilt and the story that goes with it. Enjoy your time with your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just simply lovely... your pics convey your joy :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandma's house is best of course, love the quilt monster! glad you had a nice time. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh... what a happy look on William's face when he saw his monster quilt! In fact, happy faces on him during all your fun times. He's a darling boy. I'm happy for you and your family. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you, Linda. I bet he loves his quilt. He's grown up a lot and I think he looks more like you than ever. Enjoy your time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the third attempt at leaving you a comment Linda my broadband has been so slow but thankfully this morning I can see the photo's, how lovely to see little William so happy and healthy and so absorbed in his activities I can see you have all had such a fun time. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great times and wonderful memories stored for later for you all. It will hard when they leave but you will still have some beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely memories. Looks like the quilt was a great hit!
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, sending hugs to all ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What happy photos! Wonderful to see you all enjoying each other!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see you and your family are having a wonderful time together!! Great photos!


    enjoy!
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, how he has grown!!!! Blessed you certainly are!!!! Beautiful happy family pics!!!! Have a fab week!!!
    Love
    AMarie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooooo precious, Linda. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos [that were worth a thousand words]. I am truly smiling at you as I type :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.