Monday, 12 May 2014

I'm in Love !

I'm in love with ........

When I passed my eleven plus over fifty years ago I was given two things that I remember.

A Singer sewing machine that I have used ever since.

It sews in a straight line forwards and that's it, not even a reverse facility to fasten your threads.

My goodness we have travelled some miles together.

 

 

To get some quiet sewing time when my children were little they used to play the controller sitting underneath the table and operating the foot control with their hands as I used to shout "stop" and "go"with a varying degree if success!

The other present was this little brooch. A sweet little deer set with Marcasites.

 

 

I never wear it, but I have not forgetten the joy I felt when I opened it.

Well,I have fallen in love with my new sewing machine. It sews forwards, backwards,slow and fast. It has forty eight different settings for stitches. It makes buttonholes . Adjusts tension automatically and even had a self threading facility.



I am in Love!

The appliqué mode is such fun and the perfect way to facilitate my little bib obsession.

 

My Mum had a kidney transplant in 1994 and it transformed her life.

So, I am loving this little yellow duck.

 

 

http://thelittleyellowduckproject.org

I have knitted this little duck and am now trying to decide where to leave him.

He carries such a special message. A message trying to raise the awareness of organ donation.

 

Hedgie love!


 

I live nearby the Devon Wildlife Centre.

http://www.devonwildlifecentre.co.uk

These hedgehogs help to raise money for such a lovely organisation.

And as always I have had the most wonderful help from my friends on my Charity Knitting thread. I love it when parcels fall on the mat with flat pack hedgies made by these supportive friends.

This is the first time I have been able to take ones knitted with knitting lace.

They are so lovely.

 

 

They look almost regal with their lacy spines.

This one was easy to name.

 

 

Coming back to the UK is quite hard. Leaving sunshine,blue skies and warm temperatures.

But, you can not help falling in love all over again with the green and pleasant land that is Great Britain.

The garden looks amazing,. It looks like a racehorse in full flight.

And this picture is after the lawn has been cut three times already.

 

 
Herbs in abundance. Well the bully boys anyway.
 
 
My delight was immense when I realised a Tree Peony bloom had waited for me.
This beautiful plant was the last one my Mum gave me before she died.
 
 
Of course it's not all joy, love ,joy.
This little lot is only the beginning of a long weeding and pruning journey.
 

 

I love flowers from the garden indoors.
Not posh or pretentious . Just pretty.
 

 

So, I am feeling blessed and adjusted. I am feeling lucky and content. I am feeling grateful and loved.

And now I am just waiting for the icing one the cake.

William has another X-ray this week to see if his cast can come off.

I love my family more than anything and I can not wait to see him standing up, running and playing,swimming and splashing.

 

And best of all coming to stay here in the summer.

His bed is ready.

 

And so are we!

 

15 comments:

  1. Glad William is on the mend.
    The sewing machine looks great. I could do with one that sorts tension. I have never managed to do it properly Ever!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's amazing. No more loopy bits! Whoop whoop.

      Delete
    2. Hello from rainy Lincolnshire! Do you back your bibs with fleece? the ones I bought DGs when he was tiny are backed with it and it stops the dribble going through to their clothes. Off to read my new knitting book looking for ideas for if and when Ds and Dil have bubby of their own. Love and hugs ginny xx

      Delete
  2. Little William is looking happy in spite of his cast! I hope this week brings good news and he can have it removed.

    Your new sewing machine sounds wonderful! I just got a new Janome for Mother's Day, so it sounds like we will both be off on sewing adventures in the upcoming months.

    And your garden looks so pretty. I'm happy for you that you got to see one of the peony blooms. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving such a kind comment. That was a picture of William last summer. Hopefully after 7 weeks flat on his back he will soon be climbing and playing again. We have everything crossed for a good result this week

      Delete
  3. A sewing machine that threads itself.Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be no stopping you now - sewing projects will pop up in your head and steal your crochet time - things will be left to rot while you play on your new toy.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you love your sewing machine so much, you certainly make lots of lovely things with it. I have a very old machine that is older than me, does straight and back and occasionally if you threaten it enough zig zag, but that is it. Perhaps one day I will get a new one! Love all the new hedgies, the idea of the lace for the prickles is a great one, I hope that they are best sellers. Crossing everything for good news for William too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures of your beautiful garden Linda, I too still have all the weeding to do, the weather is always so awful I can't get out there to do it, or maybe I'm just making excuses. Your sewing machine looks like a good sturdy one and your makes are lovely, I find it difficult to zigzag neatly around curves. The hedgies are so cute, I love all the different colours and they are so much fun to make. I hope Williams caste is removed soon bless him and don't worry he will be here before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Linda,
    What a joyful post! Your new machine looks fab, but I would be terrified by it. I do like sewing, and I have a machine, but it never sees the light of day. Perhaps when Olly is at school....
    Fingers crossed for William. Here's to good news and the back of the leg cast.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new machine is wonderful! Enjoy it. I love your hedgehogs and duck, all are so nicely made. I'm hoping for good news for William and a very quick return to all the things he has been missing since he got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to your green and lush home. I'm glad you're enjoying your new machine.. I might never learn to figure out how to operate all the things that it does! Let us know as soon as you find out how your little William is doing, ok?
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden looks beautiful, such a green lawn!
    I hope William is doing fine, I bet you can't wait for his next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all your kind comments x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since I have never learned to work in harmony with even a simple sewing machine, I am very impressed you are in love with your new complicated machine :) but I am happy for you, really! Your joy in your new machine along with your duck, hedgehogs, garden and little sweet William's photo with his bed ready for him to snuggle in soon make for such a happy post, Linda. Thanks for sharing your happiness! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.