Sunday, 23 March 2014

Upcycled Easter.

I really do love seeing something,and,then, in a moment seeing that very same thing transformed into something else. I think it is the result of spending so many years with the " littlies." I still look at an empty loo roll as a funnel for a ship. Or, a Dairylea box as a wheel for a car!

I love the Greek yogurt from Lidl. It's creamy and soft. Perfect with fruit for breakfast. I washed the pots and put them in the cupboard. A bucket I thought. No further along the thought process than that.

I have blogged before about M.A.C.S here in Spain. It is a charitable organisation helping Cancer sufferers. It helps every nationality and denomination. Just about perfect. Obviously taking unwanted things is easy. Buying things even easier. But I got to thinking. The shops are a little bit utilitarian. A far cry from some of the ones I love in the U.K. Hannah's,near me at home in Devon is like an emporium of goodies and treats.

So, slowly over the last few weeks I have been thinking about Easter and M.A.C.S. Everyone loves the Spring and Easter celebrations. And they asked if I could help with the window display. Just up my crafty street.

Here we have it. First task was to enjoy the yogurt. And then as easy as 1,2,3 the container becomes a very good bucket for an Easter Egg Hunt or a home for a rabbit.

 

A spotty pillowcase from the very same shop.

Cut and stick.

There's always space for a little ribbon!

 

 

Pop in a rabbit and add a little Easter label tied with ribbon.

 

Not just one, but two little rabbits needing an Easter home.

 

And,add the other cute chicks and bunnies I have made, and there we have it. A little bit of Easter ready to be delivered tomorrow.

 

 

Have you spotted the prettiest Easter table cloth? I found it on the market here last week for 3 Euros.

It is simply beautiful and worth a blog post all of its own. I have come to wonder how many linens a girl needs. I have not come to a conclusion but know I have not reached my complete quota yet.

I think of many of my lovely blogger friends when I see pretty ones here on the markets. They would love them so much. A few with flowers, a few with leaves. I could go on.

The trouble is I would love to know the story behind each and every one.

These sweet little stitches and cut work. And there on the back I saw a clue when I was ironing it.

A name label. I am going to do some Googling!

 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely Easter idea. Beautiful cloth.
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I have a few crafty projects for Olly and me in the Easter holidays. I like the yogurt pot bucket idea very much

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Easter goodies - happy children! I do love that little table cloth, it's so sweet and I hope you manage to find some history to it Linda! Love, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Linda!! I am sure that all of your pieces will be loved and appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazingly fast crocheter to get all those Easter "eggs" done and ready for the display window. I do hope you show a photo of the window after it's all set up. We're off to our boat early this morning.. I'll tell you why later. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so nice. I love the way you made up the Easter baskets and even better because you upcycled old things. The tablecloth is beautiful. I could never have enough pretty old linens, I don't think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea, that shop window is going to look terrific.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those crochet chicks and bunnies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy! The crocheted spring chicks are so cute! I love what you created from the yogurt container too :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I love your upcycling ideas! Well done!! And the linen...beautiful and priceless handwork to me. Thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.