Friday, 28 March 2014

Gorgeous Granola.

Whenever we have visitors I like them to have a really relaxed start to the day.I hate shotgun starts. I am the last person on earth who would don a pinny and cook breakfast. I actually am not grumpy in the mornings. I just spend the first thirty minutes,at least,fighting my way through a foggy, cotton wool state.

So, I put a pretty cloth on the work top and then layer it up with yummy things.

 

 

 

Some in jars,some in tins.

 

 

 

 

 

Some shop bought but mostly home made. Home made marmalade in a cut glass pot. Home made Granola in a big jar. Tins of various cereals. And then in the morning I just have to add the fresh things. Home made yogurts, fresh fruit and a great big jug of freshly squeezed orange juice. Well when you can buy 3 kilos of oranges on the market for 1 Euro it would be mean not too.

 

 

So, there we have it. My answer to breakfast.

Perhaps you would like to try the Granola I make. It's yummy and quite healthy. The trouble is it's also very moreish and tempting at other times of the day too.


Here we Granola a go,go.

Take...

300g of porridge oats.

100g of sunflower seeds.

100g of pumpkin seeds

2-3 tablespoons of sesame seeds.

100g of mixed nuts roughly chopped.

100g dried fruit. I like to use cranberries. The little red berries look really pretty in the jar.

2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.

3 tablespoons of honey

8 tablespoons of maple syrup.

 

This is really quick to make,and you work like this.

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl keeping the cranberries aside until later.

 

 

Mix the vegetable oil,honey and syrup together.

Mix the dried ingredients into the syrup mixture and stir well ensuring all the ingredients get a coating. Try and resist nibbling bits at this point!!!

Lay the mixture on 2 baking trays. I line these with grease proof paper.

Cook in an oven at 150 degree for 15 mins.

Take it out and mix it up with a palette knife and add the berries.

Pop it back in the oven for another 5 - 10 minutes. Keep a close eye on it at this stage. You want it to be gently golden but not burnt.

 

 

Leave to cool on the tray then break up the mixture and pop in a pretty airtight jar.

 

Breakfast. Petit Dejeuner. Desayuno. Gorgeous in any language.

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely yummy - can I come to stay...................?
    Julie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That granola looks gorgeous, thank you for sharing your recipe. You seem like such a lovely host, I bet your guests love coming to stay at yours.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to stay with you and come down to a breakfast like this! Your guests must be very happy, what a lovely hostess you are! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This granola looks delicious! I make my own granola too, and I never thought to leave the berries & raisins out till the end (and they're always tough to chew after baking!). I'm going to give your recipe a try too. I like making breakfasts special for overnight guests too (usually my brother & his kids). Everyone gets up at different times so we have lots of muffins, waffles & coffee spread out for all.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All looks delicious, love fresh fruit in the morning and what could be better than fresh orange juice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granola is very similar to the one I make. I also have mine in a glass jar - one I bought at IKEA. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love granola. Thank you for sharing. I love those Nyaker's biscuits too, from the tin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Linda,

    I like to do something similar at weekends, especially when it's sunny. We all get up at different times and it's a nice way to start the day. I love granola, but never mde it myself, so have book marked this recipie for future reference.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please may I come to your hotel, it looks just perfect.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yummy yummy, I'd love to wake up at and break fast at your place Linda - divine! Thanks for the recipe and if I can find gluten free oats then I'll be in this definitely!
    Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to make granola when my kids were little.. it was SO good! I need to do that again, thanks for the inspiration. My daughter baked some healthy muffins for my visit and they are great. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonder if I get to you before the grenola runs out, perhaps I shall just make my own with you wonderful recipe - its so very nearly the same as the oaty tray bake on this link http://chalkygilbert.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/nearly-ready.html
    seriously tempted to give it ago - but I just know I shall scoff the lot in one sitting!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.