Tuesday, 4 February 2014

You make me happy. You make me smile.

I am enjoying thinking about the things in life which make me happy. Some seem little,some big, but, all are so important in the quest to keep positive about life.

 

1. We celebrated our youngest daughters 27th birthday last weekend. The house came to life as all her friends came to join in the happy times. I am not sure where those 27 years went but it is lovely to see her so happy.

2. Loving these scrappy blankets. By winding a big ball of all the odds and ends of yarn and simply hooking away you end up with a really pretty blanket. So cosy for someone in need. This one will soon be making its way to SIBOL.

3. These cups make me smile every day when we make coffee. They were a present from William and they are decorated with his little handprints and personalised for is. So special.

4. We love the markets when we are in Spain. The garlic is so fresh and delicious. It smells so good when you start the cooking. Garlic prawns,garlic chicken ... Garlic with anything!

Easy this week. Happy,simple things that make me smile.

 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! I love the idea of just winding up one ball with assorted ends to make your blankets ... something to consider when I get a few more ends! The coffee mugs are adorable ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter Linda she's beautiful!, love the sweet cups and a great idea for using your ends, I'm using mine for making the middles of my never ending blanket motifs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. All of these things make me happy too. Happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your daughter! It looks as though she had a great time. I love the blanket, I was just saying on another blog how I love them and I think that I will always have one on the go, so I understand why you like making them so much. The idea of a scrappy one with all of your different colours is great and somehow even cosier for being different! Hope that you have lots of sun over there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet lovely things and with you on the garlic with everything. Apparently garlic is bad for cats yet I have to bat my young cat off as he reckons garlic and sweet chili is worth doing spaniel eyes for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that your adorable daughter came home to celebrate her birthday with you. She must be a VERY good girl. I'll have to try that big granny thing someday. Enjoy your holiday in Spain. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Happies Linda and Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter! Hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a Happy B'day celebration with your daughter, Linda! Thanks for sharing your happiness :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great happy things! Love your cups from William, they are very sweet.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is the everday little joys that bring us happiness--often overlooked as we zoom through life, but what good memories are made of.........
    Wishing you warm, happy days in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Post makes me happy!!! Lots to smile about here :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.