Saturday, 18 January 2014

You make me Happy,You make me smile. Take two.

As always a big Thank You to you all for such supportive comments about my last wordy post.

I think about each and every one of them.

It has been pouring all day so I have enjoyed compiling this latest collage of pictures which have made me happy and made me smile this week.

 

1. My oldest daughter has nearly finished her hairderessing training. I am a very willing model. She cut my locks in a much shorter style. I was initially nervous about it but now I love it. The cut is so good I can style it myself and I wake up excited to wash my hair every morning.What a result.

 

2. A Christmas book which I am enjoying very much. Clear,encouraging text with the most beautiful pictures. There are snippets from bloggers and crafty folk which seem to make perfect sense and more importantly I think some of the tricks of the trade they talk about are perhaps achievable.

 

3 The brightest,zingiest pea purée. We were being all cheffy and this was delicious. Cook a cupful of frozen peas. Place in a small blender with a tablespoon of Olive oil,the juice of half a lemon, a good grating of Parmesan cheese according to taste and Salt and pepper to taste. Whizz and serve. This is delicious on crusty bread and even better as an underblanket to a scummy seared scallop. I also used it as a spread in my pitta for lunch.

4. Bunches of tulips. A lovely gift which has made me so happy this week.

So here we have it. You make me happy you make me smile. And smiles are the best!

 

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good week!

    Hope the weekend is just as good.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures Linda, I love your new haircut lucky you having a hairdresser in the family! I am always apprehensive when I change my style because I can never get it to go the way it should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is way cool! I wish I was brave enough to get mine cut shorter.. I've worn it the same way for 40 years! Eek.. that's embarrassing! Good luck on finding a new sewing machine.. when I got my "new" one, it was a 1948 Singer Featherweight!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiles are the way forward :)

    I went from long hair to short, and I've not looked back yet! That book looks brilliant, I did a similar craftsy course which was excellent x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely happy pictures Linda, tulips really are the best aren't they! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely. Your hair looks so good, I love the way it's lightly layered at the ends. I often have that done with mine too, though last week when I had my hair cut, I had her do a straight chop all across the ends with no layers. I think I'll get them put back in again next time, though. Your tulips are so pretty. I bought tulips this week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so many happies you are having Linda, and all wonderful! So fortunate to have a hairdresser in the family and a real cute cut too; I must look into that book, it looks like it would be very helpful; another great idea - the pea puree - I will try this; and of course what could be lovelier than a big bunch of tulips? A big bunch of PINK tulips of course! I hope your weekend is full of happies too! Hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post. Keep smiling! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely happy things! The tulips are so pretty, as is your hair.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you find many smiles winding their way through your day. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the new hair style and the tulips and the peas lol Janis x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much. Your comments make me very happy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.