Friday, 3 January 2014

Didn't we have a lovely time ......

Somehow amongst all the hectic moments at Christmas I managed to pull out my sewing machine and capture my daughter in law Charlotte. As she has now moved to Dubai I have to grab her when I can! Luckily for me she never minds ( or at least that's what she says !) The time we spend crafting together is special for us both.

This time we made some home made cards. I did the cutting out and she did the sewing. When I try to machine free hand it looks a mess. She says her is a mess too but how comes it looks more chic than shabby, more creative than disastrous.

Anyway within a very short time these little beauties were all ready for us to use for our "Thank You " notes.

 

We have made the little birdie ones before inspired by a picture on Pinterest.

But the whale, the flower and the owl were new patterns.

I think I like the whale and the flower best.

It's that button love again.

Sweet Baby Announcement cards.

I know Charlotte would love it if you popped over to her blog and have a browse .

http://sharkyknows-charles.blogspot.co.uk/

 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Linda, you are so creative and industrious! Those are just adorable! I have a friend who did some sewing on her cards and I just loved it. Keep the ideas coming!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out really sweet, Linda. It's so nice that you and Charlotte have similar interests, you must have a very special bond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to share that time together, but also such lovely little cards, Loving the whales :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to spend the time crafting together! The cards look really great.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great, nice work by you both, marvellous that you both had time to spend it together doing what you both love most :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are great you "chalky" ladies are so talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure she genuinely doesn't mind as you sound like a very lovely Mum in law keen to share your interests in crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely that you and Charlotte craft together, that must be so nice for you both. It is lovely be able to share crafting isn't it. The little whale is so lovely!! I am sure that anyone who received one of these cards would have loved them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them, especially the whale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely Linda they are all so pretty, I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't be surprised if you later report that you received a thank you note for your thank you note, Linda :) You two have made lovely "thank you gifts!" Bravo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just so lovely. I think I would be thanking you for this thank you note because it is so special.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just gorgeous - well done! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such whimsical little cards! Love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cards are so cute! It's so nice that you have such a good relationship with your daughter in law

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.