Sunday, 1 December 2013

Hit the ground running!

Just as I predicted leaving our family in Dubai was really hard. I know all the truisms. I know all the strategies. I give thankfullness every day. But sometimes it takes a day or two to reset the balance when you leave your loved ones so far away.

Missing the little knock on our door early in the morning and cuddles in bed made our time there with William so special. We had such a lovely time.

 

 

Luckily they will be home for Christmas. So I am determined to be ready. Lots of cooking for the freezer going on. Traditional family favourites that signal Christmas in our home.

We are so lucky to have three children. One is travelling in South Africa at the moment and hearing her stories and adventures make me realise that we have to make the most of every day. She does and I am so proud of her.

Our other lovely daughter is coming for a meal tonight and I can't wait to give her a hug. I have cooked all her favourites this morning just to make her feel special.

The aroma of cinnamon,nutmeg and cloves signal we are getting ready. Ready for special happy times. Times to remember,celebrate and be glad of. Times to balance and just try your best for your loved ones wherever they are.

It does feel cold after the Dubai sunshine. But, how I love the seasons. The trees,the Autumn colours, the meadow next door to our house,the church in view and hedgerows. And as I walked in the garden there waiting for me was the last rose of the year.

 

 

So let's be thankful,let's celebrate let's be optimistic,let's be gracious,let's enjoy every minute that this month of December brings.

I am going to try my very best.

.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.