Monday, 23 December 2013

Happy Christmas to one and all.

With special love at Christmastime to all my lovely friends in Blogland.

My Chalky life would not be the same without you.

I am going to have a little break and concentrate on some rather important people for the next few days.

We were lucky enough to celebrate the edible William's 2nd birthday last Friday.

And then things got even better as we were all together as a family to welcome our youngest daughter home for the weekend. She surprised us. Christmas came early. I lay in bed and just breathed with a contentment that being together brings.

Sadly she has had to go back to work in Barcelona but her perfume lingered in her bedroom for a day after she left.

The " Sporty One " is loving being a Grandad at Christmas. He make William a baby Chino every morning. Actually the mornings are pretty special just now as we have an early morning visitor. He climbs into bed and wriggles around as we sing nursery rhymes and play games together.

The perfect start to the days of Christmas.

 

I hope happiness in whichever way is perfect for you visits you and yours.

Happy Christmas everyone.

 

And thinking about the New Year ,my daughter in law and I are going to set off on a joint venture in 2014, think I shall be very glad of some distraction as my family spread out all over the world again. But memories are to be treasured and I will treasure these so much.

Charlotte is so artistic,talented and clever. Pop over to her blog Sharky Knows to find out all about her.

She loves Pinterest just like me so we are going to make a quilt for William together. I can't wait to start. So please pop back soon to have a look at our idea. I am going to feature each block as I make them. Maybe you would like to join in too? It would be lovely to have some company. That, perhaps should read, help, advice and guidance.

I hope I don't get into another Chlaky pickle!

 

12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you have a wonderful time, my friend. I will definitely check out Charlotte's blog and I look forward to seeing your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you have your little ducks in a row at home.. sorry your youngest daughter couldn't stay longer. Grandpa looks very happy with William on his lap. Enjoy your time and we'll see you after your company heads out.

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have your daughter surprise you, and of course it is lovely to have sweet William visiting. Enjoy your beautiful family and Merry Christmas,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your celebrations thus far are wonderful, Linda : ) I will try to check out your daughter's blog and I look forward to seeing the quilt project develop! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Linda. I am so glad that you are all together and that you are having such a great time. I hope that Christmas and New Year are wonderful for you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas to you and yours!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your family a great Christmas Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. sending love and hugs my dear friend, so happy you have all your family round you where they belong. Treasured memories being made there as I write, I am sure. Just hoping Dgs here enjoys our specially created down scaled fuss free Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone. The gentlest Christmas hugs to you all x x. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you and yours Linda a magical Christmas time...Merry Merry Christmas

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.