Friday, 27 December 2013

Christmas was ......

Christmas was ..... How can you put it into words?
I can't so .. A very few pictures can say it all....perhaps!
I love this first picture .. It really says it all.
The happy Christmas Season went in a blur.
The "Sporty One" and I had the most wonderful time.
Our visitors made every moment special and William was a joy.

Today it was so, so ,so hard to say " Goodbye" as we will not see our son and his little family for 6 months.

 

My goodness, I was brave.. for a few minutes as they left,then completely dissolved.

But the best cure is to get going. So we pushed the Hoover with vigour, we polished, we put the washing machine on again and again. And the dishwasher has been humming.

Of course nothing replicates the sweetest voice asking for a story or to share a game but it is time to be thankful for what we have and look forward.

Our youngest daughter is living in Barcelona and was not with us but is planning a trip home to celebrate her birthday in January.

And we are lucky enough to have our eldest daughter living close by.

 

Here is the project I was talking about. I have never made a quilt before but I think 2014 is the right time. I only wish I had time to attend a few lessons. I haven't . So, if anyone has any tips please leave me a lovely comment with your tips.

 

 

I am going to search my stash of material tomorrow and have a think. Always a good plan methinks.

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures capturing so much happiness, Linda!!! Thanks for sharing it :)
    I have never made a quilt, just a little nine patch pillow all hand stitched, under the guidance of a lovely patient woman. The pattern you have chosen looks like a fun challenge and I am cheering you along hoping you will enjoy the project! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas you all had, so many lovely memories Im sure.

    Good luck with the quilt, looks really jolly!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family time you had, that's what Christmas is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you have such a beautiful family. I know you are sad today, but you can look back on the wonderful memories you have made and be happy. I am saying goodbye to my son today too. He is traveling back to Ohio after 7 short days, but like you I am blessed with the time we had to share together.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. Your family is beautiful and I'm so happy to know you and your children are close. I'm sorry you had to part from them, especially William, but I am sure they know you're always thinking of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your day looked wonderful and happy and joyful.. your family is beautiful. Have fun with your new project, it will help the next 6 mo. go by faster. I got to hold Gracie's newest granddaughter today! Joy!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a lovely time was had by all! I will be attempting my first quilt in 2014 too, so good luck to us both!!
    Very best wishes to you and yours for 2014
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, Such special memories!!!! You're going to love your new project!!! Have a great day!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful memories you will always have of your family staying for Christmas, the pictures capture true sentiment and togetherness.
    That Monster quilt looks like fun, no tips from me as I have never made a quilt either but I do look forward to following your progress with this over the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obviously a wonderful time was had by all. I know that you will enjoy making your quilt, and I hope that you have lots of fun making it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.