Friday, 20 December 2013

All picked up,dusted down and ready to start all over again!

I am only going to concentrate on the positives. But " Thank You" as ever,my sweet followers for your supportive and lovely comments about my 10,000 unwelcome visitors!

I have learnt a lot in the past 24 hours and Chalky peace reigns once more.

The most important thing to say in this post is "Merry Christmas" may the festive season bring you joy. If,however,this emotive time of year brings sadness please know I send my gentlest thoughts to you.

Well I am finished. Yes, finished. For some very special reasons today was my deadline.

No more lists, no more shopping,no more wrapping. Diddly,diddly done. Thank goodness for that.

 

I have so enjoyed seeing everyone's preparations for Christmas. And I am enjoying ours as I am starting to relax.

The sweetest Christmas cup filled with pretty candy from Dubai. Behind is a stoneware statue made by a dear friend. It depicts us both on the garden bench.

The windows all decorated with my precious glass baubles out of reach of little hands and swishy tails.

 

 

 

This corner is smelling so sweetly with this pretty pomander. I only bought it this year but as it has a screw top lid So I will be able to refresh its scent every year.

 

 

Some Christmas house plants to make the garden come indoors.

 

I love seeing old and special decorations come out year upon year and my goodness these next few span some very special years.

The prettiest wreath.

A snowman made by the Sporty One when he was a teacher in

Swanage.

It must be nearly 40 years old. I bet the children who made one each have not still got theirs.

 

Our youngest daughter made this Father Christmas when she was in Year 4.

 

Some silver bells made by my Mum when she first got maried straight after the war. Silver paper and an egg box. So precious to me.

 

This little knitted angel was given to me in 1975 by a Mum when I was teaching " the littlies."

And only 1 year ago the edible William made this to celebrate Christmas.

So our tree is not themed. It is not co-ordinated but I love it so much.

Of course there is a little bit of pretty white lights adorning little corners.

And one of my sweet Internet friends sent this gorgeous Father Christmas this year. I was so touched by her kindness. What a lot of work. He will be treasured for ever.

My Mum loved Christmas. She loved everything about it and these snow people were hers.
And now I love them too.
Do you remember the post about the candy cane vase waiting for the flowers it was brilliant this morning. I went out into the garden picked the holly and popped in the flowers.
A two minute job. Just what is needed at this time of year.

I will be doing this again. It looks so sweet.

And I love,love,love the smell of cinnamon at Christmas so as I sit down to write my card to the dear " Sporty One" I am going to relish every mouthful of that cinnamon twirl. And, no I did not make it. It just jumped into my trolley as I did my last dash!

The " Sporty One " is as the song goes, making his way home for Christmas. He is, as I blog making the long journey from Stansted to Devon and in the car are some very special people. Our son,daughter in law and the edible William are with him.

William was 2 yesterday so that is the reason I had to be ready. I want to spend every minute enjoying being with all my loved ones. And we have a birthday party to organise tomorrow.

Waiting for him is the little train I bought to celebrate his first Christmas last year. This year he will be old enough to hang it on the tree himself. I dreamt of being a Grandma but did not realise it would be this special.

BUT the icing on the cake is the surprise phone call we received from our youngest daughter to say she was able to get home from Barcelona just for the weekend. Of course we shall miss her on Christmas Day. But Christmas has come early, and as I am ready that's fine with me.

Her favourite sweets are tucked on her bed ready for her!

 

 

So, I might not be blogging anymore before Christmas. So I just want to send my love and thanks. I am so lucky to share my life with you all. And today the sweetest card came through the post from "The Puppet Lady" I am going to frame it after Christmas and pop it away in my decorations box so that I can enjoy it every year from now on.

Happy Christmas everyone xxx

 

18 comments:

  1. Sorry I have just read your last post Linda, that must have been very frustrating for you, but there is still no need for word verification, just go to settings then, posts and comments, then use comment moderation, always, You will then be able to read your posts in your emails and on your dashboard before deciding whether or not to publish or delete. Your house is looking lovely your decorations are beautiful. Happy Birthday to little William, won't be long now! have a great Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information Linda, I have adjusted my comment moderation to always now.

      Delete
  2. Being grandma is special. I love my little people. I bought special decorations for their tree. Your pictures are wonderful. Enjoy your Christmas with all your family.
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas, Linda. I hope you have a really special time with all your family. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post. Everything in your house looks beautiful. I loved seeing your backyard through the windows, it's such a pretty, well-kept space. The statue of you two on the bench is just wonderful, I love it. I hope you have a lovely, peaceful Christmas with all your loved ones. Take care and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo sooooo soooooo glad that you have sorted things out, that William and his Mum and Dad and your lovely daughter are on their way to you and that you will therefore be having a wonderful weekend and Christmas! Your tree does have a theme by the way - ornaments that you have loved and are from loved ones over the years. That is the best sort of theme and they are the best sort of ornaments. You probably just didn't realise the theme! I love the sporty ones snowman and the sculpture your friend made for you - she is very talented.

    I would be delighted to hear from you agan, but I hope that you are far far too busy having far far too much fun to be blogging over the coming days, so I will say Happy Christmas and New Year to all of the Chalky family and I look foward to seeing you in 2014! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations look lovely. I don't go to a huge amount of trouble with our decorations.....just a small tree and a few favourite ornaments. But I really enjoy seeing what other people have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful collection of sentimental Christmas ornaments ... the BEST kind!! Your tree is so sweet with all the treasures nestled in there. I'm so happy for you to have your family all together for the weekend ... nothing better, especially when there are little guys involved. Christmas comes alive again when little people come into your home :) Merry Christmas Chalky and a Happy New Year to all of your family! Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Merry Christmas to you Linda and enjoy your precious moments with your family x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Linda,

    What a lovely post. I love the fact that everything has been ticked off of your list. Have a wonderful time with your family and especially with William. Health and happiness for 2014.

    With love,

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo! You are doing a splendid job being calm and carrying on and having a Merry Christmas :) I really loved a tour of your life through some of your treasured decorations, and am so pleased for you that you will have your children all home for some of the holiday! My two sons, my daughter-in-law and two grandsons will be on the East Coast while I am here on the West Coast with my daughters and their families so I understand how precious your time will be as you gather together. Blessings to you all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello dear friend Linda.. I so enjoyed the images you shared and the joy that emanates from you while you're awaiting the arrival of your darling William and the rest of the family. I am wishing you a wonderful holiday time.. I know you'll be having a happy time.

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you and yours the most wonderful Christmas ever!

    I am nowhere near ready, I just finished work yesterday, our wonderful Headteacher allowed us all to go home at 12.30 as soon as the children finished! So came home, visited darling mum (I have been working hard to ensure she is all ready for Christmas, she turns 88 next week) then came back to our place, to find my two eldest sons had got all the decs down from the loft and had made a start on decorating - bless them!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How satisfying to have everything ready and be able to relax and look forward to the next few weeks. Enjoy the time with your loved ones Linda, and Merry Christmas to you and your family. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. All done and dusted - just awaiting the family and the special days ahead - sharing with your loved ones - treasure every minute

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks so Christmassy and lovely. Wishing you all a very enjoyable Christmas hope you have heaps if fun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely post,Linda. You have the best kind of tree...full of treasures which bring back lots of lovely memories as they are carefully removed from their boxes and placed lovingly on the tree each year. Those silver ' eggbox bells' took me right back to the tree of my childhood.My parents and grandparents lived under the same roof ,quite a full house with me ,my sister and two brothers .Grandma was a bit of a crafter always knitting and often made decorations at Christmas.She made bells out of egg boxes and silver paper exactly like those.I can also remember we made a little Christmas tree together when I was about five or six,out of tinsel wrapped wire,with tiny little red baubles hung on it and all set in the lid from a furniture polish aerosol can.....I can picture it like it was yesterday !
    Mum had paper clowns I had made at infant school hanging on the tree,but as the years went by they got placed further and further round the back as they had started to look really tatty :)
    Your post has brought all these memories back...thankyou for that.
    Have a lovely Christmas.
    "Joyeux Noel " from the Charente.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post Linda love to see all your wonderful things - hope you and the family have a wonderful Christmas and wish you a happy new year - thank you for the wonderful blog this year - love and hugs Jaqui and family xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.