Saturday, 23 November 2013

What absolute stars. Please can I barter a little more?

I have never been surprised by the generosity in Blogland. I have never encountered a negative response and only once, I believe,been misunderstood. That was sad as I promise my intentions were honourable but I obviously gave a different impression. Still, hey ho you can't win them all.

So, I asked for help. And help was forthcoming. Support,encouragement and kindness was tucked in as well.

Practical suggestions to my dilemmas. Offers of step by step help via email. I really think that those kind folk have no idea what they are letting themselves in for!

Also links to places where,when I return from Dubai I may be able to find what I am looking for.

So, where am I now.

  • I now receive emails when I have comments left on my blogs. This already has been useful in two areas. The first to answer personally the people who have helped me already. Secondly it has alerted me to the fact that 229 people have left a comment on a post I wrote 2 years ago. 220 of which are spam!!!!!!
  • Please help me with this one. Although I am a very patient person I honestly have not got the time to delete 220 comments. And perhaps this has been going on on many old posts without me realising it. BUM.BUM,BUMMER!!! So how do I close the comments section on a post
  • Going back to the positives I now have a topic/label cloud.Whoop Whoop!
  • And I have another lovely follower.
  • That has brought up another quandary . If someone chooses to become a follower why does your blog not show in their side bar? I do have a lot of followers but sometimes have very few comments. And I guess if your blog does not show up on the followers sidebar new posts are not flagged up. I know its that Mr Ego who thrives on comment numbers but sometimes he just won't lie down and be quiet so it got me wondering.
  • I have also decided that I would like to finish each post with my signature. Chalky is great as it is my husbands pet name for me and I love my World but I would like to sign off in a more personal way. I have a feeling that getting that up and running could take me a while. Why does a red mist come down when I see a load of letters and numbers all close together interspersed with brackets. Oh, I remember,algebra at school!
  • Well again I would like to say "Three Cheers" to the lovely commentators who have helped so much already. I am off now to try and delete those 220 comments and add labels for my cloud stretching back over about 500 posts. Could take me a while!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.