Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Let's Get Going.

Firstly, "Thank You" so much for such wonderfully supportive comments about my last post.

We are back in South Devon now catching up with a very dry garden which is in serious need of some management. Pruning,trimming,cutting and hacking comes to mind.

A friend is coming to lunch tomorrow and she is a professional gardener and designer. And she can,knit,sew and create. Well, I am not worrying,not one bit. Like me the garden is a work in progress. So we will just talk... What we do best!

I came home from my daughter in laws with a bag of wool for charity work and there tucked in the bottom was this Hexie loveliness.

She has been making lap blankets for the Nursing Home where her Nan lives. Her Nan was a 100 a while ago and she made her a beautiful blanket which was greatly admired.

I think she has finished five or six but is running out of time. A life surrounded by boxes and packing does not leave a lot of time for Hexie making.

I have never made a hexagon blanket before but I would love to get this one finished and back to my DIL before she leaves so that she can deliver it as well. It is far too pretty to languish in the bottom of the bag.

I must google how to straighten the edges. And then I am going to set it as the centrepiece of a vibrant Lappy.

Lots of love everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.