Sunday, 19 May 2013

The second star in my calendar.. Wedding flowers. Love,love,love it!

I often wish I had followed a more arty,crafty, designer type route through my working life.
I did love the " littlies" and they indeed taught me so much. And I like to think there are some scampish boys in particular who had a happier time in school by meeting me.
To be honest I taught at a time when creativity,expression and artistic talents were encouraged.
So I count my lucky stars for that.

And, looking on the positive, retirement has allowed me to make friends with my creative side all over again.

Well, I have a lifelong friend and her son is getting married in August and they have asked me to do the flowers. 
I was so happy to say yes.

I feel quite confident after my first forray into wedding flowers for my nieces wedding when I was thrilled to do those too.


I wrote a post about it here
My niece looked so beautiful and I loved the simple hand held boquet she had asked for.


My very favourite picture from  that day was of my great niece who was a bridesmaid carrying the brides posy as she wanted the big one!


So tomorrow another "soon to be bride" and I are going to be talking flowers. Perfect.
My love affair with Pinterest is ongoing and there are some beautiful ideas for wedding flowers there too.

10 comments:

  1. How exciting! I am sure the flowers you do will be wonderful. I know what you mean about Pinterest, such an inspiring ( but addictive!) place...
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you the bride wants sunflowers, iris' and gypsophilia . Sounds a lovey combination

      Delete
  2. Congrats on doing a 2nd wedding! I do hope you show us photos! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will be looking forward to a blog post about it. Thanks for popping in

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful bouquets, hope all goes well at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It is lovely to feel a real part of the big day

      Delete
  4. The flowers look gorgeous, roses are my favourites. How exciting to be asked to do another wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I love roses too.. In fact just about any flowers. And,yes,I am really looking forward to it

      Delete
  5. Oh, this will be wonderful! I look forward to seeing what you create. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Suz. It is in August so have a while to think about it xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.