Thursday, 16 May 2013

Needing some gentle Button Love

This week I have been really struggling. Trying to get rid of a nasty bug that has outstayed it's welcome. I have tried the Echinacea,the Vick,the Strepsils,the Paracetemol but swallowing has been like having a battle with Razor Blades.

I really hate bothering the Doctor. Sitting in the packed waiting room I always feel that really I should not be there. I think as my name is called that actually I am feeling much better and if I had just waited another day I would be back to normal.

However, the doctor who looked about 12 did not agree and I I came home clutching a course of antibiotics. I am quite content to just rest until I feel better. Unusually I do not feel like any quiet hooking or anything woolly so I that is a clear indication that things are not as they should be here at Chalky's.

So I have quietly been involved in a bit of button love. When I was a little girl if I was feeling poorly my Mum would put a tray on my bed and get me to sort out all her buttons. I loved it. Happy memories and now once again all my buttons are sorted. Lovely jars of coloured sprinkles.

I hope I am soon back to normal and I can get that tutorial for the Crochet Bunting underway.

 

The sun is shining here after lots of soft Spring rain . I hope it is bright with all of my lovely followers.

 

15 comments:

  1. Feel better soon, Linda. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon Linda!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Linda.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly. I hope the meds rid you of those pesky critters that are making you ill. Enjoy your downtime and crochet! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have a lot more buttons than me. I've been sorting mine recently as well and used some tiny ziplock bags from Ebay. It is much easier to choose buttons for something when they are properly sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're under the weather, Linda. Hope the antibiotics do their work for you soon. When I was a little girl, I used to love playing with my mum's buttons, which were numerous, as she was a dressmaker. She kept them in a 'Quality Street' tin. I regret to say that I must have disposed of them in a fit of over-enthusiasm when clearing her house. I often wish I'd kept them.

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor you, hope those antibiotics soon kick in and do their job soon. Looking forward to that tutorial when you're better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buttons too but have you noticed it doesn't matter how many you have you can never find the particular one you need haha take care and I hope you feel better soon, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There,I hope you'll soon feel better!!!Rest!!!Treat yourself and rest!!!
    Have a awesome weekend!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you soon start to feel better, lots of rest needed. I used to play with my Grandma's button box for hours, I have it in my home now still with the same buttons in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love buttons too. Hope you feel better really soon.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, I hope you feel better, soon. i enjoyed seeing your buttons. My Mom had a drawer filled with buttons, and I would spend happy hours sorting through them as a child. I wonder whatever happened to them after she passed away.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for sharing the button love. So many people with similar happy memories as me

    ReplyDelete
  14. And of course thank you for all the good wishes,.... Chocolate love has taken overtodayx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.