Thursday, 2 May 2013

Candles,Froth and Crochet Bunting.

Thank you to all my lovely followers who popped in to Chalky's to wish me well for my birthday.
I was not too stressed about being 60 but certainly felt it worth celebrating !!
And I was truly blessed, surrounded by my family, and the icing on my cake was the surprise arrival from America of our youngest daughter, Briony. My family jigsaw was complete! Of course William loved all the balloons and cake!




I had chosen to stay at Pentire in Cornwall because I holidayed there every year as a child, indeed until I was 18. My Mum thought Cornwall was foreign enough, even though we only crossed the border from Devon! The "Sporty One " and I honeymooned there nearly 40 years ago so it holds a lifetime of happy memories.
 I felt very close to my late dear Mum as I walked the cliff paths and looked for shells and sea glass on the beautiful beaches of Fistral and Crantock. I think maybe she had a hand in the absolutely glorious weather. It was all perfect.









 We were even lucky enough to see a skylark. And there were lots soaring above us singing their hearts out celebrating the sunshine. And the view of Crantock from the coastal path was just wonderful.







Briony travelled with a lovely friend  a while ago. They were so close as they explored Australia. Jess now runs a super cafe called Froth in Cornwall and how lovely for them to catch up. We loved it too as her home made cakes are divine. Coffee is good too!

Froth has some lovely touches. Chesterfield couches. Wicker cups and saucers and some fabric bunting which I loved. We talked bunting and crafty touches and when I came home I wanted to say a special "Thank You" to Jess for making us feel so welcome and add to her lovely touches with some Crochet bunting. I had never made it before and was pleased as it started to come together.
Lovely piles of colourful triangles.


Joined together with a crochet chain. But somehow they all looked too ... plain. Not Frothy enough.



So some pretty buttons to add some prettyness. But still to my mind not Frothy enough!


An antique bell to adorn the hanging loop!


And then an inspirational thought. I wanted to add something to make the triangles a little more special so I made some tassels and popped one on each point.


A limpet shell on the other hanging loop. A real feeling of getting the look I wanted. I particularly like the cream border around each individual triangle.


And then a little photo shoot in the garden before sending them off to Jess.






Did you notice that peg? Well, I have a lot to catch up with and one is a blog post about a special Giveaway I have just received from Sue at Sweetpea Family. It was lovely and I am enjoying her gifts so much. 

So I am left with the happiest memories and they really will be treasured for ever.





I will pop a tutorial for my take on the  triangle bunting as soon as I catch up with myself.

26 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely day, Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for your kind wishes
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pics, I love peeping into my dear friends lives through their blogs. So glad you had such a lovely time with your beautiful family especially sweet William. hugs ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. We really did have the loveliest time and William is a delight
      Love Linda

      Delete
  4. Great bunting. I hope it is kept safely and brought out over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Una. I hope so too. I am sure it will be loved
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  5. Sounds as if you had a lovely celebration in a beautiful place, and your special bunting will be very well received, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am sure Jess will love it.
      Love Linda

      Delete
  6. Lovely pictures, and Happy Birthday!! I love the picture of William in the sunglasses!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne. Yes.He really is sweet.
      Thanks for popping in.
      Regards Linda

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you had a very special and lovely birthday! The bunting you made is lovely and such a nice thought.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I am so glad you like the bunting. I will pop my take on the pattern on soon as a tutorial.
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  8. What a lovely birthday and trip. The bunting is adorable, I am sure it will work perfectly at Froth, which sounds like a fun place. I just thought of something since I see that you are blonde; is Chalky a nickname because of your hair color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. Ha ha about Chalky. No my dear husband calls me that because I qualified as an Infants teacher in 1975! And in those days I wrote on the board with chalk. I actually had lessons on how to write with chalk! I am glad you like the bunting

      Delete
    2. Oh, that makes sense! I was thinking Chalky because you're blond was a little bit mean! I understand though; we still used chalk when I started teaching too, in the 1990's. But that was a poorer school, they probably didn't use it so widely at that point. Lessons on writing with it, wow!

      Delete
  9. What wonderful birthday celebrations and the treat of having all of your family together - the bunting is adorable.
    best wishes Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I am glad you like the bunting. It arrived safely and is already up in Froth.
      Love Linda

      Delete
  10. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* from Oregon! How nice of you to make such a wonderful thank you gift for your daughter's friend!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa. It was wonderful. Hope all is well with you all in Oregon
      Love Linda

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping in xx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked the bunting. Thank you for popping in xx

      Delete
  13. What a lovely blog post. Belated 'Happy Birthday'. (((Hugs))) It looks as if you had the perfect time. Even Mother Nature made arrangements for your celebration. Happy Days. XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.