Friday, 10 May 2013

A Whole weekend to myself.

The " Sporty One " has gone away for the weekend to a sporty " do" of course. So I have a whole weekend of creativity and crafting. Coupled with eating cheese and pickled sandwiches. I always give myself the whole time to not even think about cooking.

So this morning I found a sunny spot to take my pictures for the Crochet Bunting Tutorial .. After all everything looks better in a good light. But I looked up and was instantly distracted. It happens far too easily and often these days but retirement makes everything seem possible. Why not enjoy the distraction!

So,the camera shot moved to the garden and its ages since I have made a collage. So pretty. So perfect this morning.

After that everything followed the same meandering route.

Sorting photos out on the computer. They are still all over he place and why can't I really believe if they are on the computer,on Facebook, up in an I Cloud somewhere that it is perfectly OK to delete all the camera cards and try and arrange my next zillion photos in a more orderly fashion. No more EBay pictures muddled with my Crafting shots and no holiday snaps intertwined with even more pictures of William. A hopeless case methinks.

Anyway I have found things I have not seen in ages. I have half finished another idea with old maps. I have made 8 cards with some wonderful Chinese Yuxian Paper Cuts which came in the post today. I have never seen them before and I love them. Have a google .. So pretty. If you want to buy some you can find them here... http://www.pondskippercrafts.co.uk/Chinese-Yuxian-Butterflies-Flowers-PaperCuts-Packs/prod_1870.html

In the the same parcel was the little tiny hole punch I have been looking for. So now everything in sight has tiny holes in it.

 

The "Sporty One " would not be impressed and my companion for the weekend looked a bit baffled too.

 

Buster has come to stay with me whilst my daughter has a holiday.

I know he will keep quiet about the mayhem I have created as long as I take him out for a walk in a minute.

I hope you have had a day full of happy distractions.

And tomorrow organisation will rule over chaos and the tutorial should appear. No promises though.

 

13 comments:

  1. I love the collage you made, some creative distraction is always a good thing.

    And your companion looks so trustworthy I'm sure he won't mention anything about creative chaos to the sporty one when he gets back ;)

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collage Linda, your pictures are fabulous, and what stunning cards so vibrant and beautiful. Buster is adorable and looks so relaxed in his little spot.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collage - I really must learn how to do them!
    Love the cards too, very pretty!
    And Buster looks like a great weekend guest!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collage Linda and your cards are lovely, you have some good company there Buster is so cute! enjoy your weekend of crafting and chees pickle sarnys I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are enjoying Your weekend! Isn't it nice to now and then to have no responsibilities for anyone but yourself? (oh, yeah, and Buster) Lovely cards, and I really enjoyed your collage. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a day full if distractions. Pleasant ones obviously. Not ironing or washing laundry ones. Enjoy your weekend.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a relaxing way to spend time. I can't remember the last time I was home alone for the weekend. I would miss them all very much but I'm also kind of jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a lovely weekend! You think you have all the time in the world to do what you want, but there are so many distractions that eat into it! Pretty pictures, pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone .. The time has flown and it has been dry for walks with Buster.
    In the end I concentrated on baby bibs as we have some new little ones making an appearance x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards and the collage and most of all Buster

    ReplyDelete
  11. Home alone, peaceful, quiet, no cooking - I'm imagining sitting in the garden or snuggling on the sofa catching up on tv other half doesn't like or even a chick flick DVD with a crochet hook or knitting needles in hand of course.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.