Tuesday, 16 April 2013

The Jam Jar Army Take Two!

A while ago I wrote about a wonderful new initiative to help charities. The idea was so simple and took my fancy. I wrote about it here--
http://chalkygilbert.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/123-and-pimp-your-jar.html

I have come to love my pretty jar on my work surface. I do not stress about how much I put in but it is lovely to see it gradually filling up.


The Car Parks in our nearest town do not even take 5p's anymore so they have started to drop in. This morning it was full. The lid would not even fit properly so I counted all the change. Last time I had £7.52 and this time I had £8.12 -- so those 5p's are making a difference. So that is a grand total in 2013 of £15.64!!
I can honestly say I have not missed those pennies and although it might not be a huge amount every little helps.

I am going to take this little jar full to The League Of Friends section of our cottage hospital. They do such wonderful work. And I love finding an excuse to visit as they have a wonderful handicrafts stall with some home made gems on. I am on the lookout for props for the Princess and her Pea!


So the jar is empty. But not for long. As the song goes " Love is like a Magic Penny hold it tight and you won't have any. Lend it, give it and you'll have so many they'll roll all over the floor!"

10 comments:

  1. That's a really nice thing to do, Linda. I love your little jar, it looks very sweet on the counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love it and it just sits there looking pretty. The League of Friends lady was delighted and I was delighted by a couple of crafty things which just jumped into my hands!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely thoughtful thing to do - glad you were able to add a few crafty bits and bobs to your stash x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you . Yes, they have some lovely very traditional bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice and clever thing to do! I love crocheted jar cozies! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, well done! It looks so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, thoughtful idea. I love your little crochet cover too.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There, It's like you say, every little bit helps!!! And it's such a nice thing to do!!! God Bless!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very lovely and simple idea. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the s
      implicity that really appealed x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.