Thursday, 18 April 2013

Sorting stuff!!

We seem to have spent a lot of time sorting stuff lately. Our garage after our extreme build last year. Dear Mother In laws Barn after her death in January and our shed was bursting at the seams with stuff!
I hate clutter and get to a point when I do not want to do another Car Boot Sale. I do not want to do anymore Ebay sales. I will go to the Charity shop and I will give away things but then I just want rid!
Sometimes when I am in this mood all my upbringing goes out of the window. My "make do and mend" philosophy goes out of the door and I was at that stage today. I looked at the cushions in the shed. To say they were past there best was an understatement. They were more shabby than chic. I threw them all on the pile for the tip. I drank a cup of coffee and then I went and got them again!


You might think I was exaggerating from this photo. Amazing what a different angle shows.


The foam had perished... maybe helped by a Field Mouse! Now I had always loved the fabric covering the cushions. It used to be more vibrant. So I decided to raid my stash and there was the perfect fabric and even better there was enough,just,for the two cushions. I was delighted.


I just folded it in half, zipped along with the machine and it was done. Amazing. I usually fall out seriously with my sewing machine but not today! Perfect!


So now all we have to do is paint the bench. A home really is like the Forth Road Bridge. But, these cushions are not going back in the shed. That poor little Field Mouse will have to find something else to line its nest!


As for the rest of the sorting. We are nearly there but not quite!I can't wait for this ugly pile to go.



18 comments:

  1. Great job! I hope you're not going to leave that pretty fabric out in the wind and rain though, when you say they're not going back in the shed! Good luck with the painting, and the rest of the turning out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not Janet. They are safely tucked away indoors!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant job, I love your revamped cushion and painted chair.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you must be proud and they look lovely - you made me smile when you said you fall out with your sewing machine, I think mine falls out with me - I'm sure it thinks here comes that fool again! I managed to get out to the post office today so hopefully your parcel will arrive soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will so look forward to that arriving. We need sewing machine refs!!

      Delete
  4. Your cushion looks terrific! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jennifer... And they aren't going back in the shed xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have flotsam and jetsam in our lives that we need to sort out. But it's better to have the choices of too many things.. than to be so poor that we have nothing.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not agree more. I really only like the flotsam and jetsam which has a hook or needles tagging along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job on the bench cushion!so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There, Strange, but it would seem as though everyone around the bloggy world are all cleaning out!!! Love the new look cushions!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I love to see things being rescued and reused.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cushions look great with the new fabric! Well done. It's a good feeling, isn't it? 'Brand new' cushions and not a penny spent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful cheery cushion......... YOU can tame the sewing machine don't let it intimidate you! Did you mean the Forth Railway Bridge tho' - none stop painting?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for such encouraging comments. Lovely to see you here at Chalky's x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, incredible weblog layout! How lengthy have you ever been
    blogging for? you make running a blog look easy.
    The whole look of your site is fantastic, as neatly as the content!


    my web page: height to waist ratio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.