Saturday, 30 March 2013

Nearly Ready for William's First Easter Egg Hunt!

The sun is shining. The lambs are growing and the family are coming for Easter. All except one who happens to be in the Bahamas!


This will be William's first Easter Egg Hunt. So "Thank You" to Bunny Mummy http://bunnymummy-jacquie.blogspot.co.uk/ and her lovely blog for the inspiration for the Crochet Rabbit. He makes me smile and will be the perfect prize at the end of the hunt around the garden!



Amazing that I can follow a pattern when I really need to. Well almost anyway. After all odd ears must be all the rage!

A pretty little bucket,some chocolate of course and we are ready. I can't wait. The weather has been so dire of late when William has been visiting that he has not been able to potter around the garden. So that will be lovely. You know how it goes. Pick up the gravel and throw it on the lawn. Pull up the flowers etc etc. Perfect!

So the house is ready. Flowers,candles,birds,the Easter tree and some real family treasures. The little tin was my children's when they were tiny. A gift from my Mum for Easter. It's that circle of life again!





Loving this little Britvic glass that was in Dear Iris' cupboard.


And this jelly mould. I have such happy memories of making jelly as a child. Jelly was great, blancmange not so good and junket indescribably horrible! If you have ever tried it I think you might agree.





The Easter tree is in a little higher position than usual and this year I found these pretty little glass eggs in a lovely little Vintage shop in town.Just one but I like to add to my collection slowly and try to remember why I bought each one.


 Now I would never forget about our youngest daughter who is far away this Easter. Of course we miss her and I know she misses all the family but if you have to be away I guess the Bahamas is a pretty special place to be!
This was the picture she posted on Facebook this morning. A great place for an Easter Egg hunt!


Whilst I was crocheting the rabbit for William I thought about her. Whenever I think of her I think of the sea and her love of scuba diving. I have been busy joining hexagons to make balls lately and I thought the shape perfect for a turtle. One of her favourites.Perfect and how lucky we are to have a constant stream of inspiration on the internet. So, Google,google,google and here we have it.http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/turtle_toy/turtle_toy_1.html. Now, I have to make the legs and tail and William is due --- so that might take me a while but I will pop a photo of him on Facebook tomorrow and she will know every stitch was hooked with lots of love.


Happy Easter everyone. Thank you for all your lovely posts showing all your lovely Easter traditions and beautiful spots.

25 comments:

  1. Lovely post, full of your thoughfulness. I do hope your daughter is having a wonderful time, I especially love the jelly mould and the turtle is on my 'to make 'list xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny. Thank you xx I love the jelly mould too. I bet Michael would love the turtle x

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter Linda!
    I hope William enjoys hunting for his Easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  3. You are so ready! Everything looks beautiful. I love that you are so into making a nice holiday for your family, especially William. Have a very happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I send all my best wishes to you at Easter time too x

      Delete
  4. I hope that the sun shines for you tomorrow Linda and that little William will get to enjoy his egg hunt, the bunny and turtle are so cute, have a lovely Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Easter love to you and yours too x

      Delete
  5. Here's to sunny skies and lots of Easter eggs! My daughter is also far away from us, 2000 miles to be exact. And that means I don't get to see my granddaughters hardly ever. wah. But our 2 sons and 4 grandsons will be here! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you have a very happy time together,I know you will be already too x

      Delete
  6. Linda,

    Your post radiates excitement at the impending visit of your family. And especially William! I love the crocheted bunny & turtle. Have a lovely Easter.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lianne . I hope you do too x

      Delete
  7. Have fun with your hunt, how special, the first Easter egg hunt, we used to leave bunny footprints from the Easter Bunny too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl -- What a lovely idea xx Happy Easter to you and yours

      Delete
  8. Your careful preparations will ensure a memorable day! Love the wonky bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So do I! I have just made a turtle andyou should see his legs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like you're all set to have the most gorgeous easter.enjoy it!

    mezz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoppy Easter! That's an adorable bunny! William is sure to have a wonderful Easter egg hunt, and your home looks lovely all dressed up for the holiday. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Easter Blessings to you and your family x

      Delete
  12. Lovely Easter post! Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter! The bunny, turtle and everything else looks special. Hope it's been a wonderful first egg hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your Easter Decorations Linda
    Love from Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.