Once when we went on holiday our suitcase went missing. We had to put in an insurance claim. After much head scratching we made our list and sat back thinking we had it covered. Two weeks later the suitcase was discovered by the airline and delivered to our house. Oh my goodness! The things we had forgotten to claim for! Needless to say we cancelled the claim and enjoyed seeing the possessions we had overlooked.
Now, I think I have said before possessions are not really that important to me. Of course I have some treasured possessions and I look at them often and use them every day if I can.
So, what I am trying to say in my usual windy way is that being an idiot and deleting my blog list has taught me a lot over these last few days........
1. I do not concentrate enough on instructions. Click,ckick clicketty click! Fast actions and not enough thought.
2. I miss things more than I would have thought. I find so many blogs so inspiring. Also I feel I actually get to know people through their blogs. I reality this is true. I have had so many sweet exchanges,random gifts of kindness and thoughtfulness beyond belief.
3. I do like popular blogs with lots of inspiration but I am also drawn to fledgeling blogs who have sweet tales to tell. My lifetime with little ones leads me towards young mums and their early footsteps with their babies and toddlers. Some of the photos are spellbinding.I recently found such a blog based in St Ives.. one of my favourite places and we had just started a lovely dialogue. I don't think I will find it again.
4. I am amazed and warmed by the lovely people here in Blogland and on MSE who have sympathised with my predicament and tried to help. Advice,solutions,supportive comments and encouragement have abounded. I searched and searched my history( I did not know I had a parallel one in cyberspace) but you would have to have the patience of a saint to trawl through my long,enormous,gigantic list of places I have visited. It did work for some though. And it was like meeting an old friend when a blog came up that I had not remembered. " Oh, I had forgotten you, Oh I would have missed you!"
5. Following on from 4 .. I probably spend too much time Bloghopping! And my memory is not what it was.
6. Following on from 5 . Every cloud has a silver lining. Whilst I have been looking for trusty,favourite .friends I have found some more amazing blogs! That will not help with the problem number 5 brings up. But hey ho!.
7. If you should make the same mistake. This helps a lot. Think of some of the lovely things you have made and look them up on Pinterest or Ravelry. Often a picture of the very item links you straight to the lovely blogger who inspired you
8. Most importantly of course I realise that actually in the greater scheme of things this is only a minor inconvenience. But if you usually have Chalky comments and they have stopped please pop in and leave me a link. I would love to say "hello" again soon.