Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Amber to Green in differing ways!

I really do know that I have an underlying problem. I could say I don't like change. I could say I have not the time. But the truth is I am often really lazy. I get frustrated by not devoting time to learn Spanish. I should practice Yoga postures more. Then I may not be as flexible as a brick. I should persevere with new patterns. I should settle down when faced with problems and work them out.
Do I ? Do I heck?
I love just being able to do things. I relish the familiar. I hate instruction books. I skim tutorials. I can procrastinate better than most. I like the end of journeys rather than finding my way. This is also true in the most literal sense. I will put up with things that do not work the way I want them too rather than make time and sort out the niggles.
But. The Blogger App I was using was driving me mad. Because, although I pretend I don't care about things I actually do. I want my tutorials to be easy,user friendly,colourful and clear. All of that is pretty hard when the App posts pictures in what ever order it chooses. You can witness the end of a project before the beginning. Woolly Narnia or Yarny Alice in Wonderland.
Well I had a lovely comment the other day. How I love them and the lovely author of Ladybird Diaries suggested I tried Bloggsy. A better App, that has a more secure sense of order.
Well, then it began. Can I be bothered? Will it be any better? I will have to read all about it? You must already have got my drift. But here we are blogging using the Blogsy App. I did listen to a couple of the tutorials and I think it is going to be amazing. But let's try and walk first.
So. Amber to Green ( loving these effects!)
I have just finished Separate Beds by Elizabeth Buchanan.
And ... The Very Thought of You by Rosie Alison.
 
I enjoyed both and really according to my highly developed traffic light system they are well worth a read.Not for me a stomping Green Light. I could put them down happily but also enjoyed returning to them at another time. I never felt Amber was going to Red but always pooling happily to Green.
And thinking of colours changing I have just started a Bactus Scarf with two beautiful balls of wool I was given at Christmas. It makes a nice change to be clicking instead of hooking. And this pattern is so easy even I do not have to wrestle with it. Lots of gorgeous colour changes.
So now I am going to try and post this and see whether it works. It would, of course for most people because they would have read the instructions right to the end. The important bits but hey ho! Love yourself,accept yourself and hope!

 

12 comments:

  1. I'm just like you hate trying anything new if it means studying it first.. but well done you have posted with blogsy and it looks very good. I didn't even know there was a blogsy is it just for tablets. I'm rather proud of myself too this week I managed to post a link party on my blog and it worked!! I was having palpitations before I pressed the post button haha. Another two books in my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so reassuring to know I am not alone. I think you are doing brilliantly with your blog and the generosity it heralds. We an keep going together.... Slowly.little by little.
      Love Linda

      Delete
  2. I just nominated you for a Liebster Award. See my blog at
    http://bagsofwool.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/my-liebster-award-blog.html
    I hope you find time to play along. Best wishes, Una, Great Balls of Wool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That s so kind of you and thank you also for your support here at Chalky's. love Linda

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda! I love your blog. I finally got some time to read some and I really enjoyed everything. You've done beautiful crochet work too. I'm happy to have connected with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am a bit lost as I try to follow you!
      Kindest regards Linda

      Delete
  4. I do that, too! lol..had a nice chuckle reading this post, Linda. I know where my comfort zone is, and I like to stay there. I'm glad blogsy worked for you. Maybe I should check it out.....nah! Sounds like work..hahahah...so I'm off to have some stitch fun, instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we would get on like a house on fire if we were not parted by a few thousand miles. Enjoy your beautiful stitching x

      Delete
  5. Linda, because I think you are lovely and for the friendship you give, your blog being fantastic Ive nominated you for a Liebster Award I hope youve got a minute to pop over to my blog and join in the fun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline. That is so kind of you. And such lovely words too. I am so glad you enjoy my little bit of life here at Chalky's. I think your blog will go from strength to strength.

      Delete
  6. As thank you for the sweet mention, so happy I could help. Glad you are trying Blogsy and hopefully finding it easier. Your post looks great by the way.
    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for popping in. Thank you again for the suggestion. I shall persevere!
    Kindest regards Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.