Tuesday, 19 February 2013

My very special Tah Da! All done and loving it!

Before anything else can I say a great big "Thank You" to all the lovely people out there in Blogland who have started following life here at Chalky's of late. "Thank you" also to the lovely people who have brightened my days for a little/lot longer. I have given up worrying about the need my ego has for a little massaging. About how much I love to see my followers numbers rising and how many comments I get. I just enjoy it all.

Well I am so happy that the special Iris blanket is finished. I have loved working it and I have felt it the perfect way to complete the Circle of Life I talked about not so long ago.

Next I need to make about a hundred more squares for the BIG blanket. The tale of which is getting longer. I have had time to reflect on the Madonna type tension and my conclusion is not a happy one but ... Not now.

Just happy thoughts today.












16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colours - this is the perfect blanket to snuggle down and crochet under when it's cold out :) Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely combination of colours Linda and the pattern really makes those colours stand out.I continúe to marvel at how versitile granny squares are.

    Keep well

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fab, hope the Madonna crisis sorts itself out lol xxxGinny

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, haven't seen a variation like that before - love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful finish, Linda! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the edging. It definitely looks addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours. Love the square style in the bold shades.
    Enjoy your granny addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, found your lovely blog via Sweetpea Family. Love your crochet and I agree about the book in the post below, a fantastic book which everyone should read.
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Linda and the colours are just perfect. You've done a fantastic job - and so quick! Where do you find the time???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the colours and patterns in that gorgeous blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has turned out really well! I am sure Grandma Iris would have loved the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, what a lovely blanket ....youve inspired me to get the crochet hook out again, thanks for your comment on my blog, alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely lovely! Congratulations on crocheting and finishing such a lovely afghan :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda! This blanket is incredible. Purple is my favorite color and this is just spectacular. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pattern and colors you chose. Plus that edging is wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.