Sunday, 24 February 2013

Been peeking out from beyond the Granny Square! Part One.

Firstly " Thank You" so much to Elisabeth for nominating "Chalky's World" for the Leibster Award. That really is a lovely thing to do and I really appreciate it.

Thank you also to all the new followers who are also making my blogging life even more special.

Anyone who follows life here at Chalky's knows I love Crochet best of all. It is quick and so rewarding. I love Granny Squares and blanket making. It is amazing how many variations can be worked. I was so happy to receive so many supportive comments about Iris' blanket worked in Mitred Squares. There is a tutorial in my side bar if you would like to try them.

We are in Spain just now and soon William is coming for his first holiday. When he comes to our house in the UK he heads straight for the stairs,across the landing to the Airing Cupboard where his toys live. I love to see the look of expectation on his face as he waits for us to open the door. Already he definitely has favourites.

We don't even have an airing cupboard here and we don't have many toys either. So, out came my trusty hook and I came out from behind my square Granny squares and made some hexagons .

My first attempt at some puffy ones ended up in the bin! So I tried some flat ones. First with big hexagons and a big bell. Then I adapted the pattern and made some smaller ones and tucked a little bell inside. It was fun finding the Spanish word for bell and going to the little ribbon shop in the village.

I am really pleased with them and look forward to William throwing them and hearing the little bell jingling. I left the smallest one with dips on the edges of the hexagons. Easier for hands to grip. I really can feel a little hexagon obsession starting and have come to realise that successful hooky hexagons all depend on the number 12. I will pop a tutorial in my sidebar as soon as I can.

I really do think a little set might make the ideal little present for our great niece or nephew who is due fairly soon.Pretty pastel colours and a sweet little bell.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun! I'm sure William will have lots of fun with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great. Our kids had soft balls when they were babies/toddlers. Now that I can crochet, I love the idea of making some for grandchildren (if I ever have any).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to all, since I am actually eager of reading
    this website's post to be updated daily. It contains nice material.

    my webpage - bancuri alinutza

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.