Wednesday, 30 January 2013

What a difference a day makes! Feeling a bit brighter and lighter!

The weather featured in my last post and I really can "cosy on down" with the best of them but endless,endless rain does not help when things are a little grey in your life. We have been pulling the curtains.turning on the fire,crafting and eating too many rock cakes but this morning life seemed a little brighter.Everything in the house felt lighter.


Oh to see the sun shining on the tulips!
 The gorgeous sunshine colours of these orange roses. Lidl's is, in my humble opinion  for discerning,quirky,interesting shoppers. I went looking for the latest wool and could not resist these roses for the princely sum of £2. And of course some other little gems jumped in the basket.


Even the little geraniums have decided to come into flower. I still love that little daisy decoration I made about this time last year to go around the wicker basket


And,nothing dispels the winter blues better than washing hanging on the line. It is so beautifully breezy that it is even getting in a tangle.


Perhaps, for today at least we can believe Spring is around the corner. Ever the optimist.


And I really am enjoying the BIG blanket. I never in a million years thought I would but I am so happy when I open the door and see it on the bed. It looks even better bathed in sunshine.



I am still slightly puzzled by the tension difference in some of the squares. I can't believe that it can be so different in such a small square. I spend a lot of time stroking it to try and persuade it to lie completely flat!
I am still only hooking on this Elmer blanket. I am resisting every call from other projects. The word Baktus is whispering at me quite loudly backed up by two balls of pretty wool winking.But no! 


I have also been doing a bit of sorting and I love it when I come across things I have totally forgotten about. That is that optimistic side coming to the fore again. Age is creeping up on me and forgetfullness is one of the front runners. But I am determined not to get stressed by it and, instead enjoy meeting things again and probably again! This little blanket was my Mums. I do not know who made it but I love it.



So I have decided to make the blanket for Iris in the same way. However, I do not have a pattern and will have to work it out. But, not now as that really would tempt me to start it and the BIG blanket may move into the background.
If any of you lovely people know the pattern could you give me a helping hand please. Here is a close up of the squares.



Looks like a lot of single crochet to me. That will test my patience! So, things are feeling a bit brighter here at Chalky's. The "Sporty Ones" sister is on the way from Scotland and it will be so lovely to have her and the family. Shared decision making is so much nicer.I think there will be a lot of reminiscing and a little laughter over the next few days as they share family stories.

I am hoping that this sunshine helps us all keep optimistic about the future and the past as they come together over cups of tea,rock cakes and cosying on down as a family.

17 comments:

  1. So glad that things are looking brighter. A little sunshine always helps, I think. Love the color of those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling a bit brighter.I hung our washing out today,the first time in months.It didn't completely dry but was well on it's way when it started raining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been lovely to see the sun today. Your flowers look beautiful. Funnily enough I was in Lidl's today and nearly bought some, but thought I'd wait till the weekend. I didn't think much of their wool, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the flowers and the blankets, also giggling as I was imagining the mini eggs could be giant eggs! Spring is indeed coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a little sunshine to perk everyone up a bit. I find the long days of January and February very difficult when there are weeks without sunshine, it must be the South African in me. The moment the sun comes out it is like a new lease on life!! I love your beautiful flowers, so cheery and your "beeg very beeg" blanket is even more spectacular in the bright light. Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still a bit grey here in the east but the snow has all gone, just a bit damp now! I think your rock cakes maybe on the menu for me today, I've never made them before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and so colourful. I know just what you mean about the relentless rain. Having had the brief relief of snow here in the north east of England it is now back to rain. Oh well, here's to more rock cakes.

    I don't know if you have seen this article about the woman who has crocheted all of the Dr Who's but you might find it amusing .....

    http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/29/crochet-fanatic-creates-stunning-models-of-past-and-present-doctor-who-stars-3371347/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for taking the time to leave such lovely comments. Your continued support means a great deal to me .... And the sun is still shining !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoy your weekend!!! beautiful work of art.. :-)


    ..trek..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda truly lovely post and so pleased to hear its starting to "shine" a little in your world - hugs as always ps SNAP I have a Be-Ro book and I swear by it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flowers. I find they always help brighten a gloomy day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you
    by error, while I was searching on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am
    here now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all
    round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read
    more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.

    Visit my webpage http://www.www.threedaysgrace.com/users/rbxw2B6V

    ReplyDelete
  13. If all players are wrong the murderer gets away and everyone loses.
    You make different challenges like scavenger hunts, food
    challenges, mazes and races. Now, one of my co-workers was applying to the Secret
    Service and I knew that I was down as a reference for her.

    Review my homepage mortgage Loans

    ReplyDelete
  14. Male Enhancement uses instinctive supplements to is effectively
    stretching and expanding the mental ability
    of his phallus for belongings rip. Some observers pointed out that what they noticed is that to the highest degree of the were quite laughable and tantalizing
    at the same metre.

    Visit my weblog: homepage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.