Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Onwards and Upwards. The new 3 a day challenge!

I had wondered if a post just about thoughts would get any response. Thank you so much for leaving your encouraging comments about my last post. I have been thinking about de cluttering some more. For me I have decided to take the gentle route. I am not going to think of it as a big project. I am not going to stress about it. I am going to gently go about my lovely daily life and put 3 things in a Charity bag. I am not going to get in emotional wrangles. If I pick it up and it hurts at all it can go straight back... Maybe until another day. If it just looks at me, off it goes to pastures new! I really don't need 10 hairbrushes!
Thank you for popping in and I hope you join me. 21 articles a week will soon add up.

So, my 3 articles today were 3 boxes of Passata. They were received very happily at my local Food Bank.

No harm in thinking outside the nine dots with this de cluttering malarky!

One other thing I am going to tag on to my posts is a review of 2 books. It follows the same theme really. I have finished 2 over the festive period. 1 will be going to Charity and 1 to a friend. We love the same books so I know she will want to read the one which is good enough to keep.
Well,not literally but you know what I mean!

I loved "The Island" by Victoria Hislop.So I was looking forward to reading "The Thread" but no,not for me. I actually found it quite boring. So that is the one for the Charity Bag.

Whereas, "A Street Cat Named Bob" by James Bowen I found delightful. A story full of hope, told in such a simple way. All about new beginnings. Loved it! So, that is the one on it's way to my friend.

We are funny because we save books for each other. We have been friends for 40 years and I always try and read the books really carefully so that she has the enjoyment of a book in a nearly new condition. I love a brand new,uncreased book. Just like clean sheets.

That brings me to another challenge. What do I do with the Kindle I was given as a present? I have tried to make friends with it. But,no.not for me? eBay I guess. We shall see.



11 comments:

  1. Well done for the start of your declutter! So now you're getting cluttered with electronic stuff instead, huh? You don't need an ipad AND a Kindle - there's a Kindle app for the ipad. Talking of the ipad, I'm finding the Blogger app absolutely rubbish and have gone back to using the pc for blogging. I don't know what you think. I find it really difficult to place pictures and move things around. It's ok for just text, but I like to have pictures in my posts! Don't get me started! I still have to get on with that Good Food recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,thanks for popping in. I could not agree more. It drives me mad that the photos I want to blog about just jump in any order they want. I do,however,like having the pictures in the library and don't have to upload them.I actually don't want any electronic device to take over from books. I just love them. I love sharing them and holding them tucked up in bed.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of 3 things! I have two brand new pairs of winter boots and a winter coat going to my son's school. He has never worn them...now they are too small...lol. The school has a "drop in closet" for people in need so they are going there!
    Have a great day!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda that is brilliant. What a wonderful initiative by the school. I hope you get on really well with your 3 a day. I actually think it will take a minute and you won't miss the things for a minute. And it is like doing 3 good deeds a day. The food bank people were so chuffed this morning. I am going to have another look in my cupboards tomorrow.
      Thanks for popping in.

      Delete
  3. I loved 'The Island' too but didn't enjoy 'The Return'! so perhaps I won't bother trying 'The Thread'!!
    I'm interested to hear you didn't enjoy your Kindle - I have a friend with one who adores it and is trying to persuade me to get one but I do like the feel of a book in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really interested to read your opinion of the other Victoria Hislop books. Bit like CD'S when you only like one song!
    Could you borrow your friends Kindle to see how you get on? Wish you were closer.. you could try mine!
    Thanks for popping in.
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya Linda, thanks for the email re ipad, i have issues with mail at the moment and are unable to reply so i thought i.d comment here instead, i do have a blog and i would love you to visit (if you haven't already )
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan. I forget on my email that we have that problem too x

      Delete
    2. Joan I can't find your blog. It does not link too it when I click on your name. So sorry as would love a peep!

      Delete
  6. I've been taking things to the second hand shop in town, but I usually bring something else back home with me. Well, as long as I take in more than I buy, I guess I'm still ahead...... ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I buy board books for a certain young gentleman when I take things to the Charity shop but I send them home with him xxx think of you often.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.