Wednesday, 9 January 2013

1,2,3 AND TORQUAY POTTERY.

My Dad was an avid collector. He did not entertain the idea of decluttering. He lived in a farm in the middle of Dartmoor and filled his house and surrounding barns with stuff. He loved Auctions and Antique shops.


Here he is with one of the Dartmoor ponies he kept in his fields.One of the things he loved to collect was Torquay Pottery. He had hundreds of pieces. He was thrilled when he was made the National Co-odinator and even more thrilled when a plate was commissioned to celebrate this position. I was equally thrilled when I was given it to look after when he died.


I have a selection of his pottery which I love. It is all together and I remember my Dad every time I look at it.
But more is often less. I placed the pieces I love the most on the shelves and then wondered what to do with the three pieces I could not place. They have sat in a cardboard box for the last eight months and today they have jumped into poll position on the three a day challenge.


I have popped them on Ebay today and we shall see. I am so glad I have as they are too special to stay in a cardboard box!

How are you getting on with your three a day? Thank you so much for all your encouraging comments.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the E bay, Im sure some one will treasure them as much as you. We have to realise we cannot keep everything, dont we. Im sure your Dad will be pleased you have the favourite pieces on show but really sensibly are clearing the way for the new things that you will collect over the years hugs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. That is exactly it! I want to appreciate what I have because it has a space and it is in a space. Thank you for popping in and Giveaway is on it's way today xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you Linda, for the giveaway. And Im glad you understood what I was saying. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.

    Brief but very precise information… Thank you
    for sharing this one. A must read article!

    Here is my web blog: zetaclear review

    ReplyDelete
  4. In other words, they go against the grain of the careers their parents had.
    *Rounds table format. 28.

    Here is my web-site: Pub Quiz Austin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choose from the list of the best kayaks available
    and get value for your money. They can be found
    online as well as in many kayak shops across the country and
    in sporting good stores. So, make sure you stay hydrated,
    so that you do not tip off in fatigue while reaching the
    dock.

    Have a look at my web-site :: european travel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.