Monday, 10 December 2012

Woo hoooo! I have managed Amigurumi! I thought I was allergic to singlecrochet.

I am still managing to keep a gentle rhythm with the flurry of Christmas preparations and hooky yarn.
I love the Tangled Happy blog. It showcases wonderful ideas and projects. I usually pass over any Amigurumi ideas and my patience with single crochet is non existent.

However,these cute little owls made me try one more time and I did it. I followed a pattern and managed to go round and round with ease. I left a long tail of wool after the magic loop bit and used it as a stitch marker to recognise a new row. This was like a revelation to me. Just by weaving it backwards and forwards through my work I could easily see when I was starting a new row.
An Amigurumi Eureka moment!!!!

If you fancy a Eureka moment all of your own here is the little pattern. Hank you Tangled Happy and Thank You Hopscotch Lane.

http://hopscotchlane.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/crochet-owl-ornament-pattern.html

Here are my cute little owls. They are off on a little twist of twisted Willow to Hannah's. Perfect for that last minute stocking filler.






9 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! Owls are so popular, I bet they'll fly (haha) out of the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suz. Yes, I hope so . It is such a special organisation. Lovey to see you popping in xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your owls, I might give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo, Linda! I have yet to try a Amigurumi project, but I am all excited because I recently made a snowflake and a bunch of stars:) xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute are they owls? Wantsies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you all like them. I feel quite inspired to try some more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on mastering the Amigurumi the owls are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such a fastidious opinion, post is good, thats why i
    have read it fully
    Have a look at my webpage ... work at home business opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for popping over to my blog :) I just wanted to thank you for inspiring me to try these little guys, I made a couple today and they are no where near as difficult as I thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.