Saturday, 15 December 2012

Tangled Happy and Fibre Flux I love you. William's stocking Tah Diddly Dah!

I have been wanting to craft a special stocking for William's First Christmas. He was actually six days old last year!

I wanted it to be uber special. I wanted it to be home made. I wanted it to reflect me,his Grandma and I knew once I had found the right pattern I would hook it with love in every stitch!

But,I could not find the right pattern and I was beginning to get a little bit stressy.I knew once I saw the right pattern I would be off with my trusty hook!

Never fear, Tangled Happy came to the rescue by showcasing a Granny Square stocking made by Fiber Flux. I loved it straight away. It was exactly what I had been looking for and I had enough wool in my stash.

I doubled it's size.... Well Grandma's are allowed to spoil their Grandchildren a little bit at Christmas!

So here it is. Thank you so much Tangled Happy and FiberFlux.hope you like it



17 comments:

  1. Of course grandmas are allowed to spoil grandchildren at christmas thats what grandmas are for! And grandpas too!
    I spoil my grandchildren!!
    Love Williams stocking
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless, he is going to get many happy years out of that stocking. It is perfect. How exciting to fill it up with goodies. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am going to fill it with squashy,lumpy bits soon and then it will be all ready for his arrival. Can you tell I am a tad excited ! Lots of love to you and yours this Christmas xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks Julie.Wishing you and yours the happiest days this Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stocking! I'm sure you'll all have a wonderful time together at Christmas! (I'm really missing Jewel, so far away.) Oh, Spoiling is a Grandma's job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of you often. Happy Christmas wishes xx

      Delete
  5. PERFECT!! I bet you can fit lots of lovely surprises in it too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like it! This will be perfect for a first Christmas and many Christmas's to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara .. Good luck for 2013 x

      Delete
  7. Well done, Linda! I do like William's wonderful sock and imagine he will, too, and all of it's contents :)
    I am almost done with a sock for my new son-in-law.
    Joy to you and yours,
    xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gracie. I bet your stocking is beautiful.

      Delete
  8. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

    I have joined your feed and

    look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.
    Also, I've shared

    your site in my social networks!
    Feel free to surf my website illegal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the perfect stocking for you to make - love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It is now stuffed with lumpy treats. Christmas wishes across the miles xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.