Tuesday, 23 October 2012

We do know the way to San Jose!

The Cabo de Gata is a natural Parc near us. We had to drop a friend at the airport and the chance to visit San Jose was too good to miss. The last time we went we saw Whoopie Goldberg today we saw The Three Billy Goats Gruff. As you do in rural Spain!
The beach at Genoves was the setting for some of the scenes from the Indiana Jones films. We didn't see Harrison Ford either!
It was however the most perfect day,perfect in every way. It was so perfect I never even got my hook and yarn out. That does not happen very often!
And of course the perfect end to a visit is to find a little Tapas Bar and try some of the local delicacies. They were pretty perfect too.
Spain is such a diverse country it is sad that some people think it is all high rise and busy.
The Cabo de Gata is one the very special places I have visited in the world so far.

3 comments:

  1. The water looks so deliciously blue, and welcoming! Ours is dark grey, foreboding and ccccold.
    Enjoy the lovely sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to another San Jose, Linda :) Having lived in the one that is in CA, USA, I was disoriented at first when I started reading your post. I love that your San Jose is so near such beautiful harbors, and am glad you enjoyed your visit there! xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and a well deserved break for you. If you pop over to my Vixen blog you will see the little pillowcase dress made from the quilt covers and its own little shopping/ book bag to hold it!I have done 10 dresses and 4 bags so far from one quilt cover and I havent even touched the actual pillowcases yet. hugs Ginny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.